Unable to Install WordPress

Status
Not open for further replies.

idahowre

Reaction score
I'm in Softaculous and I'm wanting to install WordPress. I used SitePad before and I want to go back to WordPress.

However, when I click on Install, it doesn't allow me to choose my domain. When I click on the drop down menu in the "Choose Domain" section, it's blank.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I'd really like to update my website.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This should now be sorted out.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats odd, when I login to your account through the admin side, I can now properly see a domain there, while I could not before I made the initial change to the server.

What browser are you using? I know that at least internet explorer (which is old) does not work well with DirectAdmin, maybe there are others that fail as well. I was using chrome for windows.

idahowre

Reaction score
Thats odd, when I login to your account through the admin side, I can now properly see a domain there, while I could not before I made the initial change to the server.

What browser are you using? I know that at least internet explorer (which is old) does not work well with DirectAdmin, maybe there are others that fail as well. I was using chrome for windows.

I am using Chrome too. I cleared the cookies and was able to install WordPress.

However, now I cannot access the WordPress Admin page due to an installation error.

php.PNG

Last edited:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I may be wrong but You may need to change your php version to get it to work.
by default x10hosting uses php version 7 and i dont know if the default wp install
is intended for php7 as i dont know the specifics of x10hostings Softaculous setup.
ive always preferred downloading a script from their website then installing it.
not using the default one provided by Softaculous.
just saying.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
A new wordpress install would have no issues with the latest version of php, assuming the proper mysql extensions are activated with it.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Quite interestingly it works fine with 7.2 native, but not 7.2 when you chose the extensions yourself, eventhough I mark the ones that *should* do the trick.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The underlying issue has been identified and solved, your wordpress installation should now properly work.

Status
Not open for further replies.