Unable to login cpanel/open website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yoda

Reaction score
Not sure about yours but it looks as though your account was lost as was mine during the transfer of servers. Only difference though is that yours doesn't seem to point to an IP address at all. Mine is still pointing to the old server so definately strange and whacko :nuts:

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
Mine is also not working. In some times the browser informs me that it can't find the server at my site. And at other times it informs me something like "A Bad Gateway". Still, at rare times I can open the website, and I can access my Cpanel account. Also, in the "x10Hosting Services Up/Down" thread it says that all services are currently up.
So what's wrong?
--
My Cpanel account is tkd .
My website is mbtg.exofire.net .

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Mine is also not working. In some times the browser informs me that it can't find the server at my site. And at other times it informs me something like "A Bad Gateway". Still, at rare times I can open the website, and I can access my Cpanel account. Also, in the "x10Hosting Services Up/Down" thread it says that all services are currently up.
So what's wrong?
--
My Cpanel account is tkd .
My website is mbtg.exofire.net .

Your site loads for me, it may be a problem with your ISP.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
My account was lost too and I hope we can get an answer soon about what happened and if we'll ever get them back =/ I tried to ping my site and could not find it, neither could I find mattridolfo.x10hosting.com (Master Yoda's site according to the URL of his signature's image)...

I'm Salvatos, with Advanced plan for salvatos.x10hosting.com

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes 30 accounts were lost in the move, yours must have been one.

Master Yoda

Reaction score
My account was lost too and I hope we can get an answer soon about what happened and if we'll ever get them back =/ I tried to ping my site and could not find it, neither could I find mattridolfo.x10hosting.com (Master Yoda's site according to the URL of his signature's image)...

I'm Salvatos, with Advanced plan for salvatos.x10hosting.com

thanks heavens for a SeaMonkey (Similar to Netscape and Mozilla Suite) extension called "ShowIP", I was able to see that you are exactly like me, your site is still pointing to the old server where our accounts were lost. Same goes for sourabhj. So there is 3 accounts that can be said as lost.

Last edited:

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hum...just to be sure I don't keep any hope of recovering my site, when you say "lost", does it include that the staff will transfer it manually later or that our data is lost forever? :eek:hnoes:

Master Yoda

Reaction score
not sure...only Corey would know more than me...I Private Messaged him a few days ago with no response yet...if ever I get a response :p

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
It means that your account is gone for good.

To explain more what happened... We were copying accounts 24/7 to the new server but there are about 2,000 accounts that had to be moved ASAP. Now the multi account copy runs by itself, but due to hardware\software issues it kept locking up. This caused a huge problem with being able to transfer accounts because of all the lock ups.

I believe out of 2,000 accounts we lost about 30 total. There was nothing we could do to get those accounts any faster, I had all senior staff helping to copy accounts in the last week it was online.

As Bryon said most likely your site is gone if you can't get to it now. We feel very bad about anyone losing their information so we are offering anyone who lost their site due to the move a free upgrade to the sustained server. If you want to take this upgrade PM me your cPanel username, subdomain and password. I will create the accounts manually ASAP.

Again, please ALWAYS ALWAYS make backups of your stuff, especially the databases. We handle and go through so many accounts on a daily basis accidents will happen no matter how hard we try to prevent them.

Sorry to everyone who lost important info,

-Corey

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Oh thanks a lot for the clear answer, where (and when) was that posted?
Anyway I'm gonna consult my main programmer (php is not for me yet ^^) and we'll probably ask to be added to the sustained server.

As for the backup, I tried making one maybe a week ago and it created a file somewhere on my account, I didn't understand how it worked and I gave up...T_T'

Good luck to the other ~30 people =/

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If your account was lost please follow the instructions in my post.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.