Undo Send Mail in Gmail

tittat

Reaction score
If you ever send a Gmail message too early or you change your mind after you press "Send", there's a feature that will help you. It's called "Undo Send" and you can find in the crowded space of experimental features from Gmail Labs
Has anyone noticed this new feature of Gmail???

akkudreamz

Reaction score
yeah...the undo link appears for about 5 seconds.......could be helpful sometimes...and save a lot of things n people
:)

Last edited:

mattura

Reaction score
Yep I've added it to my gmail...one time I did really regret sending an email after hitting 'send', but I can't see it being used very much. More of a "just in case" (like the "attachment forgotten" box)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Multiple inboxes is the shiznit, but they seem to have a bug in them. Whenever I load my gmail inbox, it skips to the multiple inboxes, like an anchor, but there is none. :p

Undo send is OK, but Math Goggles is much more effective late at night, when you don't have the energy or are otherwise unable to realize that you shouldn't have clicked send. ;)

zen-r

Reaction score
The trouble with posting to these forums is I've got used to having the ability to re-edit my posts after I've posted. This means I may have become less thorough in checking my text before I post - knowing I could always correct it afterwards if I spot a typo or suddenly remember something I want to add or change.

Then when I send emails I may now be equally as un-thorough in checking before hitting Send. This is bad news if I then want to change it & realise I'm not on the forums & it's too late to change anything!

This new Gmail feature may be worth a look if it helps avoid this. Shame it can't be used after ~5 seconds though. Thanks tittat. :)

freenetter

Reaction score
Brilliant idea for a Gmail lab, one of the best there is at the moment in my opinion. It'd be really sweet if you could tweak the time the Gmail server will hold all your sent messages - if you know that sometimes you are a bit of a compulsive sender, you could tweak the lab so that for your account only, the Gmail server will hold all your messages for e.g. 30 seconds

Zdroyd

Reaction score
It is called considering what you are going to send before sending it.

zen-r

Reaction score
It is called considering what you are going to send before sending it.

Genius!

You must be the sort of person who never needs an eraser on the end of his pencil ;)

mattura

Reaction score
Sometimes you send someone a message, and before they read it, something changes (maybe you see them) and you want to take the message back. I know Gmail couldn't do this with other mail providers, but perhaps for other Gmail accounts?
ie an "unsend" button, which appears if the message has not been read by the recipient.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I've read about this feature, haven't activated it yet though.

I might be a frequent user, not because I send mails that I regret, but because I seem to forget the attachments every so often :)
not as much in gmail as I did with the webmail provided by uni when I was there, that webmail had an add it button you had to click after browsing the file...
still happens sometimes though, and usually I realize just after hitting send button :D

zen-r

Reaction score
...I might be a frequent user, not because I send mails that I regret, but because I seem to forget the attachments every so often :) ...

In that case, you might be best off also trying another Labs feature in Gmail called "Forgotten Attachment Detector".

It prompts you if you mention in your text about attaching a file, but actually forgot to do so.

Combined with the Undo Send feature, you should be well equipped!

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.

Linuks

Reaction score
If it was more than 5 seconds it would be okay, this sort of defeats the purpose of those 'ARE YOU SURE' warning dialogs though.