unzip not working properly

gugly2349

Reaction score
please check unzip was not working properly from few days it not extracting files

nirajkum

Reaction score
can you please take a screnshot .. on what exactly you are facing ..

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
This issue is known, and I think it's due to the recent changes in the High Resource Usage system. To avoid this, extract it on your computer and upload via FTP.

magicstruck44

Reaction score
does this explain why updating plugins via wordpress's built in method wouldnt work??

it broke my admin panel.. zzz..

theone48

Reaction score
Notice to all who need help: Stating the error message in difficulties is always important for isolating a problem's point of origin. Not to mention it is a timesaver for both the helper and customer.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
please check unzip was not working properly from few days it not extracting files

You did NOT say what if any errors and what server your account is on

on my server Boru
I ran tests in cPanel with a very large file
both compressing and extracting all three (3) types

I did not receive any errors

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
You should also specify whether you are on the High Risk plan or not.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
@T1: Well, it might have been a limitation that is causing magicstruck's unzipping problem, so it isn't clear whether this is an issue related to x10Hosting or the code.

theone48

Reaction score
@D-i: I don't believe so, magic's problem is about wordpress plugins. It's gugly that has an unzipping issue. Then again, he hasn't specified what about, so it may be related or may not. Hard to tell with the limited info he provided.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
@T1: Magistruck said he was using WordPress' built-in method of updating and installing plugins. However, I think he should try with other plugins (just to check if it is a coding issue) and if not then it is probably related to x10 (since I doubt they would release WordPress with a bug in their built-in plugin installer).

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
With regards to the WordPress updater/installer, there can be two issues.
Since most plugins come zipped, if the unzip is not working, WP will fail.
Secondly, one of the methods scripts use to grab the updates via the web has been blocked by the last upgrade to PHP.

I have no idea which is the problem with WP on his server.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
@cptzoap84: Why would you want to use FTP? If you mean to upload the plugin to the server, then I believe magicstruck already knows of this solution; however he wishes the automatic method to be fixed and back to normal.