Upcoming Server Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello!,

For once this will not affect the Absolut server ;). After careful consideration we are going to be moving around some servers. We're also consolidating all our servers into SoftLayer instead of being spread out across different DataCenters. SoftLayer has been the best DC we've ever dealt with and I'd highly recommend them to anyone here that is interested in getting a dedicated server.

The current cossacks and and ciroc servers will be going offline the end of this month. We already have new servers online that we're in the process of setting up.
Current Cossacks accounts will be moved to Stoli(There are not many).
Current Ciroc accounts will be moved to a new quad core server that will be taking the place of Cossacks. This will help even out the excess of ad-free accounts that we have. We will be watching Stoli closely over the next few weeks to determine if ad-enhanced needs an additional server also.

We're also adding another paid server but you guys don't care about that stuff ;).

So, summary.

Current Cossacks -> Stoli
Current Ciroc -> New Cossacks

I will make a post when we actually start moving the accounts around. This is just a heads up.

kemraj

Reaction score
When you say ciroc servers will be going offline the end of this month. What do you mean exactly. well it be offline a few days or on one day.

jsobeck

Reaction score
Kemraj, if this is like anything that has happened in the past the move *should* be instantaneous and we shouldn't notice anything. (Emphasis on should there.) Also, thanks to Corey for keeping us in the know. Keep up the good work x10!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Kemraj, we're getting rid of that server and replacing it with a more powerful one , it just won't be called 'ciroc'

nol888

Reaction score
What is Stoli currently? And, I wonder, is there still this "sustained" server?

Edit: Wait, Stoli is the second ad-enhanced. And so there might not be a sustained server.

If you *do* need two ad-enhanced, are you going to do another sustained-ish idea? Or evenly dispersed?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We will do evenly dispersed. Last time we did sustained we ended up paying months for a server that was extremely under utilized. There was not enough interest by people to keep it online.

arsonistx

Reaction score
Haha, actually I was thinking about getting paid hosting pretty soon. (within a couple days) :)

nol888

Reaction score
Is there a sustained server currently? Cause I know you have 3 free hosting servers: cossacks, ciroc, and stoli.

So you're planning to make it one?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Is there a sustained server currently? Cause I know you have 3 free hosting servers: cossacks, ciroc, and stoli.

So you're planning to make it one?

No, we currently have

absolut, ciroc - Ad-Free
cossacks, stoli - Ad-Enhanced
skyy - Paid

It will be

absolut, cossacks - Ad-Free
stoli - Ad-Enhanced
ciroc, skyy - Paid.

I hope that clears this up.

pligl

Reaction score
I have an question, sorry if i posted in wrong place, just wondering if this have something with my issue:

I cannot acces my site, http or ftp. www.dare-artbook.com , http://dare13.x10hosting.com
I cannot acces cpanel http://dare13.x10hosting.com:2082, account name pligl.
My status is unsuspended, Add-free on Cossacks.x10
Server status is all online except Exim.
Checked of forum for service up/down, all is ok but smtp.

Worked all fine few hours ago. Now i've been trying for last hour to find out what is going on, and i have no clue.
Please help.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Stoli doesen't get new servers??? Buhuuuuu :tear:. Stoli is very laggy after 8 p.m gmt+1

Slothie

Reaction score
Works okay for me, the x10 one. Might be a problem with DNS or something like that for your main domain.

cyclone22

Reaction score
Server move

My site www.medicguide.org was hosted in ciroc previously.My dns is pointed to 70.87.51.250.
But i can't acess my website and get a page not found error for about 12 hours.
But i can log in to the my accounts cpanel and i can connect to site via ftp.
My x10 account shows my server is cossacks.
Do i have have to change my dns to cossacks dns or what should i do to get my site back online.
Thank you!

hussam

Reaction score
I have the same problem as cyclone22

yesterday i was able to login to the cpanel, that was about 10 hours ago, now i cant. When i try to connect to the ftp it keeps telling me cant resolve host name.

I do have phpBB 3 installed and a small PHP tool, the tool sometimes works, it keeps going on and off alone, but the forum never worked for me, the browser gives me Server Not Found, 10 hours ago when i point my address to index.php, it gave me a 500 Internal Server error, when i checked the error log it told me that their is an undenfined command in .htaccess which the server cant understand, although i had no problems at all before the migration.

Is this problem releated to the DNS??

Anyways wanted to share that incase it helps in fixing any problems, after all these problems will be fixed sooner or later..

Status
Not open for further replies.