Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

politburo

Reaction score
thanks for the great service guys, and for the updates.
What about a 404 error? all my files are still there when i check in the cpanel but i can't access the site..
edit: ok, now i see i am not the only one who has 404 error. i guess it means it's not 100% done yet. :)

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
If you see an 404 error, it's probably because cPanel is using a cached copy of your files, and the server is using the real time copy. wait some time, and the error should go away.

Hauzer

Reaction score
Everything seems to be working for me. My web site (http://www.omods.co.uk) has been working since yesterday. No errors at all.

Thanks for the service x10. ;]

Last edited:

politburo

Reaction score
If you see an 404 error, it's probably because cPanel is using a cached copy of your files, and the server is using the real time copy. wait some time, and the error should go away.
don't you mean the opposite? if the cpanel is showing a cached version, do u mean my files aren't there ? i would think the server has the cached version , so it's showing a 404 ? I donno. hope it'll fix itself anyway.

alv4

Reaction score
I can't enter to The cpanel and many files of my web was deleted! :(

Hauzer

Reaction score
I can't enter to The cpanel and many files of my web was deleted! :(

That also happened to me during the transfer.

Once the Absolut server was transferred, it's solved for me. The server your hosted on the probably in the middle of being transferred.

Last edited:

monkey050

Reaction score
If your information was not copied correctly we not only still have the old server to grab information from we still have all your data on automated backups.

If your files\databases fail to copy after the 3rd pass we can restore them still. We will be opening up a designated area to post issues with the server moves only after each server finishes. These issues will be our top priority.

-Corey
Yep, I'm gonna definitely need this when it becomes available. Absolut is at least 95% on the third pass and my account's still screwed up. Still missing critical files and all E-Mail settings are gone. Not good for a news site like mine.

flsbflsb

Reaction score
I think a good lessen is being learned right now. JUST IN CASE, you should backup EVERYTHING frequently. Files, Settings... the works. Even if something bad happened in a sever transfer or something else that had only the best intentions, you would be fine if you backup regularly.:roflwerd:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
HI My site has been down for about 5 days any idea when it will be back up

server = stoli
site = www.hauntedwa.x10hosting.com

rgds
James
It doesn't appear as if your site is down, it just looks like all your files have not been transferred over in the server moving process. Just hang in there, and your old files will come back soon.

Homeless2

Reaction score
I hope 100% on the third pass fixes my site on the absolut server. It's been down for quite a bit already

jtaah

Reaction score
It doesn't appear as if your site is down, it just looks like all your files have not been transferred over in the server moving process. Just hang in there, and your old files will come back soon.

but for how long its already been nearly 5 days

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
but for how long its already been nearly 5 days

There are a lot of accounts on X10. This is actually what started the problem :biggrin:

Corey hasn't posted an ETA. What he's doing is pretty huge though. He's paying more money for free users (from which he really doesn't get much in return) to move us all to a better server with better uptime and faster load times, instead of downgrading all of the accounts to do the same thing.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
There are A LOT of accounts on each server, so transfering all data from the old ones to the new ones can take some time.. Especially with the amount of accounts and constant usage.. Just give it about a few more days, I think by then the transfers will be complete. :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys make me want to bang by head against a wall.

For the last time, we have all the files on our backup server. If your files did not get copied correctly for some reason we will fix it. WE HAVE YOUR FILES IN OUR BACKUPS.

The reason it takes so long is each account is individually copied, zipped up, transferred, unzipped, and restored. Do this 30,000 times.

-Corey

dougs

Reaction score
My site was magicly mostly incomplete and forums N stuff gone on cossacks this morning :dunno:, but I have faith and patience that x10 will fix it in due time.

:fruit:
thanks Corey

kuarkon

Reaction score
my principal forum dosn`t work, but i`m lucky that i use a second part of my site for 99% of the time and that part works :D
I hope corey will finish all the work soon.
Many thanks Corey

Joshua203

Reaction score
You guys make me want to bang by head against a wall.

Please use your foot for that ....we still need your brain hehehehe
just kidding to try to make you smile again:dunno:

to be on the safe side i stopped modding some translation files again and will wait this out (feels like the logical thing to do to prevent possible confusion on what was transferred)

hang in there Corey and thnx i hope all goes well in this huge operation of moving

marxel

Reaction score
I'm just glad that the frequent down times are now coming to an end :biggrin:
Thanks alot to Corey and the rest of x10 for bringing us the best free hosting and awesome support.

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
Thanks Corey for this move to upgrade to better servers. :)

I was on absolut and now I can see lotus as the server name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.