Updates on the Updates

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're still performing maintenance on all the servers, currently removing 1 ad-enhanced and 1 ad-free account every 3 minutes. Also, we're suspending about 4,000 accounts ;).

The upgrades that we did last week have already made a huge difference in server stability, once we are done with this additional maintenance I am confident everything will run smoothly once again.

The servers should remain up and online through out all of this. Because we are doing multiple accounting transactions at once it's possible for Apache to go down for brief periods of time. In the rare case which seems to be hitting Stoli it may go offline until a staff member can manually remove some entries left behind by the cPanel scripts.

We're working through this as fast as possible and hope to be done very soon.

-Corey

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Cool. I have been noticing Absolut's Apache and cPanel acting up within the las few days, but the server has been a lot better. Stoli still seems to be the troublesome server, but I'm sure you guys will fix that up as well.

Keep up the good work Corey and x10Hosting staff!

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how everything's going to be once all this is done, it's gonna be great :).

-Luke.

Sanosuke

Reaction score
I can't wait for Stoli to be stable again. Keep up the good work, x10 staff!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Seeing Stoli staple will prove that you guys at x10 did a lot of backend work, cause it seemed sick for a while!
Many Thanks!

Last edited:

heinzketchup

Reaction score
3 days ago i got the acception for the php upgrade, but nothing changed until today and now that:
Apache HTTP
serviceOffline.gif
MySQL
serviceOffline.gif
Exim
serviceOffline.gif
cPanel
serviceOffline.gif
FTP
serviceOffline.gif

everything is offline... can anyone tell me if this is because of the updates or of my php upgrade.
sorry, don't know where to post this problem!

about me: forum name: heinzketchup, themayers.x10hosting.com, cpanel name haniball

Last edited:

Wizet

Reaction score
3 days ago i got the acception for the php upgrade, but nothing changed until today and now that:
Apache HTTP
serviceOffline.gif
MySQL
serviceOffline.gif
Exim
serviceOffline.gif
cPanel
serviceOffline.gif
FTP
serviceOffline.gif

everything is offline... can anyone tell me if this is because of the updates or of my php upgrade.
sorry, don't know where to post this problem!

about me: forum name: heinzketchup, themayers.x10hosting.com, cpanel name haniball
I don't think that php upgrade would affect Apache, MySQL, Exim, cPanel, and FTP. If it did wouldn't we all be screwing up our websites now?

Back on topic: I think this is a good update because with 4000 accounts suspended the servers will run faster than usual.

notnam

Reaction score
did you stop suspending accounts for not logging into the forums every two weeks?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
He hasn't stopped that yet. It's pretty much the way they keep the servers clean.

notnam

Reaction score
i was wondering because i know i was gone for longer than that and i didnt get suspended

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
can I ask why the accounts are getting deleted and suspended?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
they get suspended for violating tos, or if the account owner fails to login to forums once every two weeks (that requirement is in tos I think though so it's still a violation of tos)

deleted if they have illegal content, such as copyrighted material
also deleted if the account has been suspended for a certain period of time and the owner didn't ask for it to become unsuspended (account isn't active anymore most likely)

ps. I'm not staff in any way, and this only what I figure to be the reasons

Istuff

Reaction score
It sounds pretty awesome but when is it gonna be over? I'm getting really sick of waiting for the apache to come back up every 5 mins. But i guess i can be patient.;P

Max1337

Reaction score
Hmm.. I was thinking..
Like, what if the copyrighted work is your own??
'Cuz I copyright a lot of stuff I make

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you own it, it's fine.

Here is something I completely do not understand. Why do people rely on a status script to tell them if their site is up or not? We changed firewall rules today somewhat and Absolut is blocking the server status script so everything is reported down even though nothing is. I can't say how many complaints I got that people's sites were down, when they weren't. Does no one actual go to their site?

Anyways, we delete accounts that are breaking the ToS or that have been suspended for a total of 10 days. We didn't delete or suspend any last week due to the upgrades so we have catching up to do ;).

-Corey

hamsn

Reaction score
Apache HTTP Offline
MySQL Offline
Exim Offline
cPanel Offline
FTP Offline
Still the same
but yes, anyways its for good purpose only, later it won't trouble us.

Today's inconvenience is for a better tomorrow

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
lol.. i been suspended multiple times for that :rant2:

----
btw.. love the new design on the forum
looks nice

From our records you've been suspended twice, and both times were not for anything related to copyright work.

Max1337

Reaction score
lol.. once i was, cuz of music (that me and a few friends made)..
some others was cuz of a 404 error... when there was no 404 error (an error cPanel made i guess.. or w/e admin thing u use) lol...
:shifty: