Resolved Updating My Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

sccculti

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a little confused on how I need to change my domain as a result of the hosting migration. My old domain was knightsofthegametable.x10host.com. In the new domain, would .x10host be replaced by something else?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your domain has not changed at all, the only changes are how you login to the account and manage the files.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
To login to manage your files and such: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login (as you would before the migration as well)
Once logged in there click "Open cPanel", that will take you to DirectAdmin.

If you refer to the admin side of any script you have installed, that would be the same way as you did it before.

sccculti

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'm also confused about which files I was supposed to update in my FTP client.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Your FTP client should use a different server. Before the server was like xo#.x10hosting.com. Now you should use [yoursite.x10.mx] (or whatever your site is). You can also use x12.x10hosting.com, which is your server's name. Don't put the ftp part. ftp.yoursite.example will not work.

sccculti

Reaction score
I can log into my x10hosting account and FTP client now without any issues, but when I try to access my domain, I get the "Error establishing database connection" message. Could this be a result of the migration?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It could be, depending on what your configuration is. Outgoing database connections are not enabled, so your database must be set within DirectAdmin. The only valid options for your database host are the IP 127.0.0.1 or the hostname localhost. Anything else will not work.

In example:
Code:
Config.php
$database_server = "localhost"; // either this
$database_server = "127.0.0.1"; // or this
$user_name = "[your account name]_someotherpart";
$user_password = "[whatever you set it to be]";
$database_name = "[your account name]_someotherpart";

Please check your database name, your database user name, your database user password (if forgotten), and your user permissions to the database in DirectAdmin. PhpMyAdmin can't help with these particulars; make sure they're set correctly in DirectAdmin.

sccculti

Reaction score
The name of the file that I need check/edit the code in is Config.php, correct? If so, I am not seeing any file by that name when I bring up the list of files for my database.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
config.php is an example. It really could be anything. It could be a .ini file, or .inc file, or something totally different. The file name could be database.xml or settings.json. Without knowing more it's impossible to say.

What software are you using? Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, SMF, etc. etc.?

sccculti

Reaction score
I found the wp-config.php file and made sure that my database name, username, password, and database host name are correct. However, I still can't access my domain, as the 403 forbidden error message appears.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
403 is a different error. Can you please check your error log? You can find it in DirectAdmin.

Typically, it means the filesystem permissions are wrong. Files should be 0644 (owner read/write access, everyone else read only) and folders should be 0755 (owner read/write and enter directory, everyone else read and enter only).

Another problem is that you're trying to view a directory in your browser, but no index file exists, and the indexes option is not turned on for that directory. So if you go to mysite.example/blog/, inside of your account, there must be a folder ~/domains/mysite.example/blog/ and inside the folder must be index.html, index.htm, index.php, etc. Or, if you want people to see what is inside the folder, which is not usually a good thing, then you need to add a line to the file named .htaccess in that folder:

Code:
Options +Indexes

Otherwise, the error log may have some other reasoning this is the case.

sccculti

Reaction score
The problem was with the browser I was using. When I tried different browsers, I was able to access my domain without any issues. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.