Upgrade both disk and inactivity time - confusing

ramalex

Reaction score
Great job to all the x10 staff for keeping things going.

I just helped a friend new to x10hosting choose the "double your Disk Space and your Bandwidth" upgrade and the "One Year Inactivity Timer".

However, we couldn't purchase both at once. :nuts:

So we went around the menus several times trying to figure out what we were doing wrong. Finally, we made two separate purchases.

The upgrade page http://x10hosting.com/upgrade.php gives the impression that the links take you to similar places.

Perhaps a checkbox could be added (like the 'Double it again' box) to add the inactivity timer so both could be bought together.

Thanks,
Rama

Also can you add something to http://x10hosting.com/upgrade.php page indicating the 'Double it again' is inside. I went searching the forums when I didn't see it listed -- didn't thing right away to follow the upgrade link and see it listed inside.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have pointed out this thread for the techs.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Changes are coming in the next few months regarding all types of account upgrades. These points you've made will be addressed with the coming changes.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
To my knowledge, the double everything feature was for promotional purposes only; thus, it was only accessible through one's cPanel as an incentive to keep members with x10Hosting. It is different than the standard hosting plan purchases, as double everything can only be utilized after hosting begins.

The inactivity timer is not included with the other hosting upgrades because inactivity timer does not actually improve your hosting, it only gives you the convenience of not having to log in to the forums. For that reason, it's accessible through the forums.

I agree that it can get confusing at times, and I'm glad x10Hosting is working to improve customer ease and experience regarding purchases.