Users stealing credits..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dquigley

Reaction score
Not to say you're wrong, but I don't count this as Credit Theft. I consider it cash theft from x10.

And this is why. Credits can be used in the x10 rewards center for emails, domains, and cash payouts. With the exception of the emails, each one of those costs x10 money to pay out on.

Stealing credits is like stealing the $5 paypal payout from the rewards center, thus draining x10 of cash that could be used to keep the servers stable.

So my opinion? Anyone not getting banned from all of x10's services who is or has stolen credits is getting off light.

I'm a bit of an extremist though.

You make a good point! : D and I think we need people of both kinds.

zen-r

Reaction score
Not to say you're wrong, but I don't count this as Credit Theft. I consider it cash theft from x10.

And this is why. Credits can be used in the x10 rewards center for emails, domains, and cash payouts. With the exception of the emails, each one of those costs x10 money to pay out on.

Stealing credits is like stealing the $5 paypal payout from the rewards center, thus draining x10 of cash that could be used to keep the servers stable.

So my opinion? Anyone not getting banned from all of x10's services who is or has stolen credits is getting off light.

I agree it's theft, sneaky & dishonest, but let's put it back in perspective here.

They haven't killed anyone or robbed a bank, most probably didn't even realise what they were doing was wrong, & they have been duly warned & punished.

And whilst they effectively stole credits, it wasn't the $5 worth that you mention. If they got ~200 credits for a new sign-up, & it takes 7500 to get $5, then they only actually only got the equivalent of $0.13 worth. This is not to be sneezed at (depending on your income) & certainly still not acceptable (since lots of people taking $0.13 soon adds up for x10hosting) but, as I say, let's get it in perspective!

I would have thought, though, that just as important as the 200 credit theft, is their wasting of x10's resources, both in the hogging of additional accounts (with their inherent reserved server space etc) & also in the extra time it takes staff to administrate all these pointless accounts.

This said, I can't help wondering how many of these "fraudsters" actually set up new accounts not so much to steal credits, but to change their username to something more relevant to their current needs. With their new account set up, it would be only natural that they would want to transfer credits from their old accounts, with them only (wrongly) viewing the new 200 credits as a bonus! However, I suspect (correct me if I'm wrong) that the members being named-&-shamed here are mainly those who just set up new accounts in order to transfer the new free credits back into their original accounts?

dquigley

Reaction score
I agree with all of that but mostly I agree with that they didn't realize what they were doing was wrong, I'm sure they thought about it, they probably didn't see how serious it was, and now Russ The Bus has ran them over. : D

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Russ the Bus, I like it.. And, all of the ones I got had done the following, Setup more than one other account, donated the signup credits to one account, and never used the other accounts. The accounts they drained had no posts, and some of the users had set up more than 50 accounts doing this.

xPlozion

Reaction score
some of the users had set up more than 50 accounts doing this.
wow, that's disturbing, i'm hoping that they were just those you listed in the first post, not the second list of users...

on a more positive note, less than 1000 credits and i get to 10,000, and one post til i get 666 posts :D

Last edited:

dquigley

Reaction score
50! Holy cow! I take back any mercy towards those people, they KNEW EXACTLY what they were doing, I change my stance to the banhammer effect, I thought we were talking about 2 account or maybe 3. 50! That takes some major time and thinking... BANHAMMER!! :gtfo:

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't think they didn't realize what they were doing was wrong...

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If they had 50 accounts they knew what they were doing, who wouldn't? Just think about it, 50 accounts....that is definitely the work of some one who knew what they were doing.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If they had 50 accounts they knew what they were doing, who wouldn't? Just think about it, 50 accounts....that is definitely the work of some one who knew what they were doing.
Yes, 50!!!:eek4: I don't see how they could possibly get away with any excuses of any sort.
Edit:
I just saw the tag "russ the bus" :lol:
I like that one... Next time, the theifs need to look both ways before they cross the road. lol

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Heh, tell me about it. This past month x10 has lost quite a bit of staff members it's seem like.

Wow, couldn't believe some people would go that low...

I wouldn't even bother to do this as it would take up too much time and all. xD
That's why you have stuff that you have done in the past that may be useful and sell it for credits here. Possibly something that you found elsewhere and people are looking for. Just keep checking the marketplace. There are plenty of opportunities out there...

dquigley

Reaction score
yes, 50!!!:eek4: I don't see how they could possibly get away with any excuses of any sort.
Edit:
I just saw the tag "russ the bus" :lol:
I like that one... Next time, the theifs need to look both ways before they cross the road. Lol

awesome awesome! : P

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Good work Russ; these are probably the same users abusing the server resources too.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Livewire PhD took the words right out of my mouth.

Last edited:

btfog

Reaction score
Max1337 should receive the same punishment as the others if not more. He did the same thing. It just so happened he was staff. Therefor he broke the tightest circle of x10 trust and should receive the same if not worse punishment then the others.

dquigley

Reaction score
Max1337 should receive the same punishment as the others if not more. He did the same thing. It just so happened he was staff. Therefor he broke the tightest circle of x10 trust and should receive the same if not worse punishment then the others.

True true, staff should be held to higher standards, I just wonder how many accounts he made, or what exactly he did.

AFinalDate

Reaction score
Mannn. '-' I always forget to lurk around the forums. I've had my sub-domain for awhile now but I never remember to visit the forums for much. <.< Lol, credit theft. [pokes credits] What's the point in trying to cheat the system when it's already pretty easy to get a long with? Meh, the world may never know.

dquigley

Reaction score
Mannn. '-' I always forget to lurk around the forums. I've had my sub-domain for awhile now but I never remember to visit the forums for much. <.< Lol, credit theft. [pokes credits] What's the point in trying to cheat the system when it's already pretty easy to get a long with? Meh, the world may never know.

I think their motivation was a mixture of laziness and them thinking they could get away with it.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

I think so to. But the descisions are up to Russ..

Has Russ the Bus run over any more theifs? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.