Very angry "potetial" customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacky

Reaction score
Hello, well im kinda angry, because yesterday i got suspent for supposed "nulled scripts", well i'm going to tell you somethine.

Webspell isnt a paid licensed software, its free-ware.

Atleast do a RESEARCH, before supend people, isnt fair, i was working really hard in this **** and now you suspend my account.

:l

EDIT: I hope you and you workers, got conciense, i know is very difficult to deal with those kind of users who dont respect the rules, but the next time do a research before suspend someone

Thank you.

PD: Unsuspend my account or atleast do a RESEARCH ASAP!
Bye.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure there wasn't other scripts on your site that would have been mistaken for nulled?

Also, did you download webspell from an official mirror? If you didn't, someone may have edited the source. I'm not familiar with webspell, however even freeware sometimes "phone's home".

I'm not sure what I can do. I'd suggest submitting a ticket.

http://support.x10hosting.com/

snacky

Reaction score
Apart from the script of Webspell, yes i have another directory script, which i BOUGHT, and i have prove of it. (Invoice, License Number) and yes, webspell was downloaded from the official website.

Im sure that this is a mistake, but its a HUGE one, because im doing a project, and i've signed up with X10Hosting trusting on its Professionalism, but well.. lets see how it will be going.

regards.

Btw. i Did the tickets, thank anyways.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
What was the script? Just asking.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Apart from the script of Webspell, yes i have another directory script, which i BOUGHT, and i have prove of it. (Invoice, License Number) and yes, webspell was downloaded from the official website.

Im sure that this is a mistake, but its a HUGE one, because im doing a project, and i've signed up with X10Hosting trusting on its Professionalism, but well.. lets see how it will be going.

regards.

Btw. i Did the tickets, thank anyways.

If you have the license + invoice, submit it in a ticket.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Hi, Many of the suspensions are done automatically when our system detects keywords or filenames that have a strong link with nulled scripts, so please don't blame us for false positives or accuse us of not doing enough research. We try very hard to provide a good quality, free service.
Please be patient and wait for your ticket to be answered, we get many tickets daily and can't always answer them immediately. Also 'bumping' your ticket by replying to it, moves it to the bottom of the queue.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I reviewed the logs and you did indeed upload a nulled script. Here is one of the files you uploaded:

"SCRiPTMAFiA.nfo"

Whether you deleted it or not does not matter, you broke the ToS.

-Corey

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe the 'internet based word of the moment' would have to be "pwned".

Million dollar question is this: Is he gonna dispute it (again)?

Divinorum

Reaction score
I reviewed the logs and you did indeed upload a nulled script. Here is one of the files you uploaded:

"SCRiPTMAFiA.nfo"

-Corey

Hahahahaha... d-blocked.

At least be smart enough to destroy the nulled scripts first. xD

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha... d-blocked.

At least be smart enough to destroy the nulled scripts first. xD

Doesn't help; the account being suspended also blocks all FTP and cPanel access, and presumably any cron-job's or anything else because all files are rendered inaccessible.

So there's no way to destroy the script once you've already been caught and suspended :)

Especially with logs. Darndest thing, they aren't stored on your account and can't be erased :)

bradym

Prime Account
Reaction score

"SCRiPTMAFiA.nfo"

-Corey

Corey,
Please provide a link to the TOS. I've only found one, and it's broken. Thanks.

snacky

Reaction score
Yes, i still dispute it, i havent upload any file with any nulled script, i have the purchase license of the script ALSO i have prooves of it.

:/

Any way to Show it LIVE?

i hate to wait..

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Yes, i still dispute it, i havent upload any file with any nulled script, i have the purchase license of the script ALSO i have prooves of it.

Any way to Show it LIVE?

i hate to wait..

Please stop wasting Corey's time. He's a busy man.

Whatever you think you did or did not do, SCRiPTMAFiA.nfo was found to be transferred from your computer to your x10Hosting account. That .nfo file was likely packaged when you downloaded illegal software. The fact that you were aware that you were uploading the file or not is irrelevant; x10Hosting has a zero-tolerance policy for illegal software. From now on, you should be careful what you upload to your site, and download software from reliable sources.

If you insist on disputing this issue, I can tell you right now, you won't win.

What exactly is ScriptMafia? Any site I searched, it was very secretive about what exactly it was.

SCRiPTMAFiA is a site where you can illegally download nulled versions of copyrighted software. The .nfo mentioned is an informational file, likely packaged with the other software to provide information on how to effectively use the nulled software, or to give SCRiPTMAFiA credit for distributing that software.

Last edited:

Divinorum

Reaction score
Doesn't help; the account being suspended also blocks all FTP and cPanel access, and presumably any cron-job's or anything else because all files are rendered inaccessible.

So there's no way to destroy the script once you've already been caught and suspended :)

Especially with logs. Darndest thing, they aren't stored on your account and can't be erased :)

I said "first," as in past-tense.

READ BROTHA! :biggrin:

If he would've removed all the hints of nulled scripts before he uploaded anything, he may have gotten away with it.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I said "first," as in past-tense.

READ BROTHA! :biggrin:

If he would've removed all the hints of nulled scripts before he uploaded anything, he may have gotten away with it.

x10Hosting scanners search for files and difference between the nulled and legal copy, so I'm not 100% sure about this, but if he removes the "hints of nulled scripts," he may effectively be unnulling his script (thus making it unusuable for him).

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score

Any way to Show it LIVE?

i hate to wait..

You will likely find that in the EULA for said script you have purchased, you must still utilize the LEGITIMATE files.

It's like No-CD/DVD cracks for pc games - if you read the EULA, you will probably find that you actually aren't allowed to utilize anything but the original or patched game files (patched implying OFFICIAL patches released by the game developers).

For example, I own VisualStudio 2008, with a legitimate license. But should I choose to install it with an illegal license key, I'm DOA - I am in violation of the EULA and Terms of Use for the software, and thus am still violating Copyright law.

Even though I own the software legally.

Edit: Minor point I should add, it's entirely plausible that the original company would drop any lawsuit once it came out that you did actually legally own the software as well, however in x10's case the TOS clearly indicates you cannot upload Warez onto your account.
x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers:
Illegal Material: This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation. You may not store copyrighted Mp3s on your webspace in any way shape or form.
~snip~
Warez: Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing, etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.

Doesn't say anything about owning a legitimate license, just says you can't upload it.

Edit: @Divinorum: He still would've been caught :) Pretty much all nulling leaves a tag somewhere, and you're better off just coding your own software from scratch than trying to replace all the trace evidence the nulling left behind :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.