Very slow (50 second) server response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1.p183

Reaction score
I've been testing a registration/sign up and email confirmation php script I wrote and all was working fine until I tried with the new policy in place. Up until now I was just sending the registration details in an address get string typed directly into my web browser but then got to the point where I've added the form for posting the data to the php script.

Initially when I sent the registration data directly in the address bar using a get string it would send it instantly and the website would send the reply but since adding a form there is a long delay before site responds. At first I thought I'd made some kind of mistake with the coding of the form but the reply comes thorough eventually after about 50-60 seconds and there's a delay now even when I send the data directly in the address bar as a get variable so it's not my code.

I'd only posted three or four test registrations - (normally something that would take 3 or 4 seconds) and suddenly I've used up my resource limit ! I checked all the statistics from the control panel but each one says no data so I'm hoping this is a temporary bug.

This was all yesterday. I tried everything again this morning tagging the registration data onto the url and reading it with get as before. Nothing in my code has changed to cause any problems. The server is just taking ages to respond now and I can only think therefore it has something to do with the new resource limits (which btw - I believe is a sensible and fair policy) and which shouldn't be effecting the very limited resources I'm using.

Status
Not open for further replies.