Votes: 2 12.5%
  • yes other explain in post

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadimp

Reaction score
I guess it'd be good to have more options, but I'm not much of a Java fan.
It just might be a hassle to handle the servers, though. I don't know how easy/hard it is to integrate JSP on Apache (which I is what I'm guessing these servers run), and I doubt the staff would want to handle different server types.

tgkprog

Reaction score
i think u need to integrate java by putting tomcat on apache anyway i think there are fairly standard ways of doing it. Corey/ management - any chance of Java - at least on a test basis to see if it picks up?

Last edited:

tgkprog

Reaction score
Its a programming language / platform. http://java.sun.com/ it supports server side websites ... via J2EE - JSP - whats what I want.

it is not javascript .

it is what most handsets have (j2me) it is applets (the irc chat applet is an example - the new x10 chat system - but that is client side java - loads and runs on browser)

its a platform independant language same code runs on mac, linux, windows ...

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
It is a good idea to have Java and Tomcat.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't you put a "No." option up their, because I don't :p

I wouldn't mind it, but I'm not on free either so the fact that introducing Java could mean a hell of a lot more system instability due to high memory/cpu usage (which takes some time to get suspended for I might add, so the server would be unstable while the user got away with it) doesn't really bug me.

The problem is how many accounts and active users are actually using the free servers - adding Java just sounds like a recipe for disaster to me when we're MAYBE on the last stretch of fixing January's rather explosive MySQL issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.