Warning: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons in

Status
Not open for further replies.

iason

Reaction score
I am using joomla cms for my clan website but I am unable to upload new templates of modules through the site because i keep getting this error. Warning: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/iason/public_html/administrator/includes/pcl/pclzip.lib.php on line 4964 I have googled, and searched joomla forums for an answer and they point back to the server restrictions. Can you please help. im on the add free account on the absolute server user name is iason, domain is io.pcriot.com.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems to return information about the server, so I think that's why it's disabled.

iason

Reaction score
is there anyway to get this turned on or some work around cause joomla will not run properly as it is. I forum serched other joomla topics and i see there are other members refing joomla, is anyone else having this problem or a fix?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
It will have to be up to the Admin to decide, as its a server issue, and they are the ones that have control on what is enabled or disabled. I will forward this thread to them and ask that they stop in to give a decision.

Tyrael

Reaction score
I am using joomla cms for my clan website but I am unable to upload new templates of modules through the site because i keep getting this error. Warning: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/iason/public_html/administrator/includes/pcl/pclzip.lib.php on line 4964 I have googled, and searched joomla forums for an answer and they point back to the server restrictions. Can you please help. im on the add free account on the absolute server user name is iason, domain is io.pcriot.com.

I had the similar problem with mediawiki, I had to edit my files and add a few lines, where the script checks the critical functions (posix_uname, php_uname, dl, exec) presents in the suhosin blacklist, and if they do, then not let the functions run, because thats kills the mediawiki script.

So I suggest you, to do the same.
Find the lines, where your script invoke this functions, and edit this lines.
The php_uname is not really important functions, so if you comment it out, your script will working correctly, imho.

So the source of your, and my problem: most cms, and other software written in php thinks:
if the safe_mode is disabled, then all the functions available.
But the suhosin php hardener extension disabled a lot of system call function, so if the script try to invoke these, it will die away.

Tyrael

ps: my problem, and the solution: http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=25899

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We disable it to help detur some advanced users from exploiting PHP vulnerabilities.

Sorry but it will remain disabled for now. Tyrael gave a very thorough solution for your problem though, I believe if you follow that you'll be all set.

Please open another thread if you need further assistance.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.