Warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

acapurias60

Reaction score
I have been utilizing the service of x10hosting since 2012. I have been very satisfied with the service they have provided. However, Admins suspended my account permanently and and without warning... Unlimited bandwidth does not apply when it comes to SQL servers. That is something that should be outlined in the TOS.

They will not remove the ban because of 1 or more wordpress plugins I downloaded from sites that did not have the original author. I was never afforded an opportunity to correct the situation which I would gladly have taken care of. I believe this was in large part because of my server usage. This really does go against your mission statement of allowing sites to grow.

Also a warning would have afforded me time to at least back up some of the content.

Disappointing.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi acapurias60,

I'm sorry to hear that, but unfortunately there is nothing that we can do in this situation. Your account contained an illegal, or "nulled", script, that was downloaded from an illegal source. As our servers and x10Hosting itself is based within the US, we have to comply with US law. Allowing you to take a backup of the website containing illegal content, or unsuspending your account, would be a violation of US law, as we would be distributing illegal content. For this reason, we cannot give any warnings in this situation, as we must comply with the law.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you,

Last edited:

acapurias60

Reaction score
My question is why was the suspension listed under a high server load first? instead of addressing it as a breach in terms of service? I dont need access to the media or plugins. it would have been nice to copy the text within the blog posts and pages.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Because you were originally suspended for having massive MySQL usage on the server--a secondary review found the nulled software on your account. If this were simply a resource usage suspension, it would have been able to be lifted.

As outlined in our Terms of Service, all rights to any files still hosted on the server after a breach of the terms of service are no longer yours, and as such we will not give access to them. This includes data within MySQL databases.

Locking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.