We need your help!

Conor

Reaction score
Hello,

As you know, x10Hosting is part of a network of sites that all provide free services, whether it be free file hosting to free image hosting. Most of you can probably imagine the monstrous costs that come with running these sites. And that's why we are coming to you.

We need you guys to come up with some ideas that can bring in some cash for x10! These ideas must be realistic and something that you might partake in.

For example: Susan suggest putting a Paypal Donation button on the main site. When the button is put up, Susan doesn't even consider donating.

Thats not realistic ;)

For some more incentive, I will pay 25 points to each idea that each person submits. So give us 3 quality, non-repetitive ideas and you get 75 points.

I hope you guys can give us some ideas so we can surprise Corey when he gets back!

Sincerely,

Conor and the x10 Staff.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Conor said:
For some more incentive, I will pay 25 points to each idea that each person submits. So give us 3 quality, non-repetitive ideas and you get 75 points.

I'll match the points Conor gives out, meaning you'll get 50 points per quality, non-repetitive idea. ;)

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Corey should sign up with yahoo ads, reports say that you make double of what you make with adsense, but yahoo's ad program is only in beta, so they're only allowing a few sites with potential, and I think x10 has got it. Even my mate on vb-faq says he is getting double of what he got with adsense, as he runs yahoo and google ads on the same page of his forum. Btw, that 'could' increase some bucks for x10hosting.

http://publisher.yahoo.com/

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
yes he wants to join others but you need an invite for the beta

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
well, im not sure if this can be done, but could a signature be generated for the users who use email services as part of their hosting account from x10?

for example, if someone emailed somebody from their x10-based email addy, a signature would be inserted below the message to advertise x10's paid hosting options

i really doubt this can be done but eh this might be worth a shot to something else possibly

Chris Z

Reaction score
i don't know if this is what you're asking for, but i do forum signature templates, here's some of mine:
mtechxpsig2userinfo.jpg

3n1gm4.jpg

ya, so i do those, and i'm pretty sure that Enigma (if he's active anymore), can put all the dynamic info in there (i.e. random quote, ip address, OS, etc.)

hope that helps!

Last edited:

Conor

Reaction score
Yeah not what he was thinking of I think.

Is this what you mean: The signature attached the every email you send out could include an x10 link of some kind?

200 points to anyone who can directly supply an invite to Yahoo! Ads BETA

Chris Z

Reaction score
i wasn't really replying to his post, i was talking about this thread in general, since we wanna have some surprises for corey when he comes back, i could make a sig template, and then we could get enigma to do all the dynamic info and anyone who wants one could post in a thread

pianomarie24

Reaction score
You could maybe also think about using Google Adsense also besides yahoo's. Here is a link to apply for the Google AdSense
https://www.google.com/adsense/?sourceid=aso&subid=EN-ET-AS-ADSBY4-8b-Learn&medium=link

Here is a little info:
Google AdSense is a fast and easy way for website publishers of all sizes to display relevant Google ads on their website's content pages and earn money. Because the ads are related to what your visitors are looking for on your site — or matched to the characteristics and interests of the visitors your content attracts — you'll finally have a way to both monetize and enhance your content pages.

Basically you earn money everytime someone clicks on the ads, although you all probably already knew that. :)

Last edited:

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
They already have Google Adsense, hence the ads on the forum under the navbar.

Cynical

Reaction score
Perhaps for a reward of X points, a user can have Googe AdSense ads or similar displayed on their site for x10.

Example: In the shop or somewhere, I get 1,000 points for having x10's adsense ads forced on my site. They are automatically displayed for X amount of days (maybe like a month per 1,000 points) then automatically removed. I would take part of this occasionally, but probably not all the time. Also, point payment might be relevant to ad views/clicks.

I'm trying to figure out how to get an invite for Yahoo! Publisher Network BETA now...

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Cynical said:
Perhaps for a reward of X points, a user can have Googe AdSense ads or similar displayed on their site for x10.

Example: In the shop or somewhere, I get 1,000 points for having x10's adsense ads forced on my site. They are automatically displayed for X amount of days (maybe like a month per 1,000 points) then automatically removed. I would take part of this occasionally, but probably not all the time. Also, point payment might be relevant to ad views/clicks.

I'm trying to figure out how to get an invite for Yahoo! Publisher Network BETA now...
Wouldn't sound like such a bad idea. The problem is that it's not easy at all to have forced ads.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Cynical said:

I'm also giving 1200 Points to the person who get us a Yahoo Publisher Network BETA invite and sends it to: aaorozco@x10hosting.com

Cynical

Reaction score
I finished registering it just might take a few days for it to come through... Alejandro, do you want me to sign one up for x10hosting.com using your email address?

Wouldn't sound like such a bad idea. The problem is that it's not easy at all to have forced ads.
Instant hosting utilizes forced ads though, right?

Last edited:

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Get sponsors for the site. As in people sponsor you to advertise them. Like lets say Coca Cola sponsored you they would pay you to sya x10 hsoting Sponsored By Coca Cola.

Maybe x10 should get sponsors and like the sponsor sponsors that everyone gets like 300 points and it comes with like a pivate message or like a badge beside your name that says the companys logo or something.

Conor

Reaction score
SEÑOR said:
Get sponsors for the site. As in people sponsor you to advertise them. Like lets say Coca Cola sponsored you they would pay you to sya x10 hsoting Sponsored By Coca Cola.

Maybe x10 should get sponsors and like the sponsor sponsors that everyone gets like 300 points and it comes with like a pivate message or like a badge beside your name that says the companys logo or something.
You'd need some connections to obtain this. Why would Coca-Cola sponsor a Hosting site....more likely a company like Dell, who might benefit from being associated with a site like ours.

Billy bo: That is totally irrelevant to what we are talking about, which is, btw, making money for x10.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Cynical said:
I finished registering it just might take a few days for it to come through... Alejandro, do you want me to sign one up for x10hosting.com using your email address?

Instant hosting utilizes forced ads though, right?
About Yahoo!: No thanks I think we might get one, that's not that important for now. But thanks!

About the forced ads: Yes, Instant uses them but it uses xpanel. In cpanel that's not avaliable.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Conor said:
You'd need some connections to obtain this. Why would Coca-Cola sponsor a Hosting site....more likely a company like Dell, who might benefit from being associated with a site like ours.

Billy bo: That is totally irrelevant to what we are talking about, which is, btw, making money for x10.

I was just using that as an example(coca cola)