"We will never forget"

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Today marks the anniversary of the bombing of the twin towers in New York, the bombing of the Pentagon, and the crash in Pennsylvania.

Do you remember where you were when it happened? Specifically remember the moment, where you were exactly, who you were with? It has been said that your life is measured in moments, not years. That you remember moments and it is the moments that define you and your life.

Personally:

I was in 4th grade that year, and on that day the teacher was reading book 2 of Harry Potter... Obviously the attack interupted her reading...

Because of the event our school (as I expect most schools did) went into lock down...

I will always remember that day because, as we all promised "We will never forget".

What do you think?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I was in 3rd grade at the time this happened. I remember the school going into a lock down and us turning on the TVs to see what was happening. I do remember seeing the second plane crash into the building, but this was a sad day for many people. Fortunately for me no one I know was in that building or near it when this happened. But September 11th sure did change a lot of things in the US, such as tightening the security at Airports, though personally I haven't flown since 1998 so I couldn't tell you what it's like now.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I was about 8 or 9 when this happened. It wasn't a major event for me as I didn't know anyone in America.

Sohail

Reaction score
Same thing for me, but I heard it all over the news.

Dan

Reaction score
I've forgotten how many years ago it was, so I can't tell you how old I was when it happened... We had an assembly yesterday at school though where we had a 5 minute silence thingy to remember - not that I really do remember that well...

intertec

Reaction score
I am in Australia and don't know anyone from America. But it was all over the news as well. Very sad!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Last night The History Channel in the US ran a 9/11 special that showed us archives of films that people had recording on the towers getting attacked and falling, and it was some crazy stuff that happened. Everything from people's video cameras, so a rescue team's camera, and more.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I am in Australia and don't know anyone from America. But it was all over the news as well. Very sad!

I did not expect any non-americans to care much.

Unless your some freak in Europe who freaks out when a family in Brazil dies in a car accident, I did not think anyone out of the GREAT UNITED STATES OF FREKEN AMERICA would be super involved.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I was in 2nd grade when this happened. School had stopped for the day and I remember my parents picking me up. Before, I didn't know what was really going on but it was really a sad day. :happysad:

Mitch

Reaction score
I was 9, i think. We put on the TV, and it was almost on every channel. Yesterday there was something about it on tv.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I remember how no one knew what was happening....
Many stations thought it was a bomb.

(Fox thought it was an act of god!)

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I remember TVNZ and TV3 had 24 hour news covering nothing but the attacks. If you wanted to watch something, there was pretty much only one channel for us.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I live in NYC (Bronx), and I was in 5th grade when it happened (I happened to be sick at home on that day). I remember everything vividly.

kkenny

Reaction score
I remember it. I was in 3rd grade too. But our school instead of going into a lockdown we canceled school for the rest of the week.

Using the airport now has been much of a hassle. It is too secure. but for a good reason.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I remember it. I was in 3rd grade too. But our school instead of going into a lockdown we canceled school for the rest of the week.

Using the airport now has been much of a hassle. It is too secure. but for a good reason.

You should see the swedish airport (and all others in the EU). You are not allowed to bring more than 100 ml liquid with you on the plane. Like, last year I had a toothpaste tube that was 110 ml but it was halffull, they didn't allow us to bring it with us.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
You should see the swedish airport (and all others in the EU). You are not allowed to bring more than 100 ml liquid with you on the plane. Like, last year I had a toothpaste tube that was 110 ml but it was halffull, they didn't allow us to bring it with us.

Thats the same in the US... and its really sad...

kjl00

Reaction score
This was a little late but I was like 3 blocks away when it happened, and I remember running like hell to not get caught in the explosion.

wolfy67

Reaction score
I was at work when it happened. The big boss radioed my supervisor and told him to get everyone to a TV. We sat in the break room and watched the first tower smolder. I remember the station we were watching (ABC) had the camera at a strange angle... we could see the second plane a few seconds before it hit. It was creepy when it finally settled in that it wasn't an accident.

I also remember my mom calling me to ask if I'd heard from my aunt (her sister) who was an EMT up there. It took three days before they had the phone lines cleared up enough where she could call and say she was okay.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
This was a little late but I was like 3 blocks away when it happened, and I remember running like hell to not get caught in the explosion.

REALY! You where really there!

(If you are truthful...)

It must have been very intense and frightening.

(You would not have been running from an explosion, you would have been running from the dust cloud.)

kjl00

Reaction score
REALY! You where really there!

(If you are truthful...)

It must have been very intense and frightening.

(You would not have been running from an explosion, you would have been running from the dust cloud.)

Yea thats what i ment, literality ftw... and yeah I was living in new york at the time. I was like 7 when it happened. I remember I couldn't breathe until those emergency ppl got me.