Web Safe Chinese Font

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

espfutbol98

Reaction score
Just use Arial or Times New Roman. They are supported out of the box on almost all computers regardless of country. The fonts they were talking about might not be installed by the viewers or the css might not render it and therefore, must be installed to view the content.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just use Arial or Times New Roman. They are supported out of the box on almost all computers regardless of country. The fonts they were talking about might not be installed by the viewers or the css might not render it and therefore, must be installed to view the content.

Chinese fonts; arial and times new roman don't contain chinese characters, far as I know. That's what the topic's about I think - web safe fonts that have a chinese alphabet/characters in them.

espfutbol98

Reaction score
Chinese fonts; arial and times new roman don't contain chinese characters, far as I know. That's what the topic's about I think - web safe fonts that have a chinese alphabet/characters in them.
Astute observation, I double checked it and your correct. The standard Chinese font is SimSun; I guess I remembered wrong.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
According to Pinyin Joe, the standard (hence web-safe) Asian fonts on Windows XP are: SimSun, NSimSun, SimHei, PMingLiU and MingLiU. Apple lists the default and additional fonts for each version of OS X: 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5.

Font embedding is held-up by licensing issues. Font owners don't want their property go the way of other digital media.

Last edited: