• Mix of tool and manual

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • Mix of Buy and Manual

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

like2program

Reaction score
How would you prefer to make a website?
Do you just use a tool like dream weaver?
Do you code it all yourself?
Do you use a mix?
Do you pay someone else to do it for you?
I want to know!

If you just copy and pasted that counts as buying it but for free

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
I prefer to use a tool like dreamweaver to help me when I am making a website, although I always go back and check the code because it can be a little bit weird sometimes.

tittat

Reaction score
How would you prefer to make a website?
At first i started with frontpag.Thn i moved to dreamweaver.
Do you just use a tool like dream weaver?
Just dream weaver may not be enough.I always copy and paste other scripts and codes.
Do you code it all yourself?
I not well in coding myself.Its hard for me to code without dreamweaver.
Do you pay someone else to do it for you?
i may ask some one else to do it for me.But i usually dont pay.if i have enoug h money to pay for coding, i would have considered buying x10's piad hosting plan.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Good ole' Notepad. Haven't written anything in ages.. I grew out of coding pretty quickly

Daniel S

Reaction score
I prefer to use a program like dreamwever I first started with front page and now I have strated to use mincrosoft expression. Although I use notepad for adding simple scripts (Like x10 exchange script.)

Last edited:

unknownnasa1991

Reaction score
The good old manual coding in wordpad or notepad. I have never used dreamweaver with precision once in my life!

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I use Dreamweaver to design my websites, but I don't use the WYSIWYG editor much (I prefer to code everything myself).

I have also used Joomla for one of my websites (Earthtime Games).

xiadow001

Reaction score
For a noob like me... well, hardcore manual coding works... It helps me get familiar with the workarounds of website creation... :cool:

dwd2000

Reaction score
I put "Buy and Manual", but I actually use available free scripts. (freeware) The scripts help me learn and I am able to modify them to my liking. I don't have the time to code from scratch.

tektrnica

Reaction score
bit of both, being able to see it in DW is a nice plus, but still work in the code window more than the design window...

liamk12

Reaction score
im not a verry good website maker lol i just use dreamweaver i need to be more creative than what i am at the moment lol.

like2program

Reaction score
Me + Notepad + Time = Webiste

I find that dreamweaver and other tools just doesn't have the flexibility of manual coding.

Last edited:

VPmase

Reaction score
I use Dreamweaver as a text highlighter xD. Otherwise I code everything by myself. Whether it be PHP/MySQL, JS, Flash, or even AJAX; I do it by hand from nothing.

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
When I first started trying to design websites I used Frontpage as I thought it would be more accurate etc. How wrong could I be!!!!!??????
After I saw my site in a few other browsers, I decided it was definitely time to learn HTML and code it myself.
I now use good old Notepad for everything from HTML to PHP to CSS. :)

Agrunyan

Reaction score
I only hand-code, never using a WYSIWYG editor, the output code is horid (for most) not to mention not W3 valid. I code using DIV's & CSS as the structure for the site, using ID's for the structure DIV's,then DIV's with classes for inside structure, then for text and links I use classes in the span tag. Since tables for layouts aren't up to W3 standards, I never use them - for layouts at least.

I only use DreamWeaver (CS3) with the Joomla extension sometimes when I want to add in Joomla Jdocs (for 1.5) or the PHP tags (for 1.0) without having to remember every single place.

Alex R

mattura

Reaction score
All by hand. Credit to the php docs - they have been most helpful, but mostly just by experimentation. I've not used any scripts, although I've examined some scripts, and produced my own variants (no copy/paste at all).
It's amazing how much you learn, as long as you have enough time

LHVWB

Reaction score
All by hand. Credit to the php docs - they have been most helpful, but mostly just by experimentation. I've not used any scripts, although I've examined some scripts, and produced my own variants (no copy/paste at all).
It's amazing how much you learn, as long as you have enough time

But what program do you use to code your php? I generally use Notepad++ or dreamweaver, because they are easy to use. I have just been realising the limits of dreamweaver, because it can't edit xml files. :happysad:

Blazer9131

Reaction score
I usually design the page in Photoshop, Edit it in Dreamweaver, and add a few stuff in by hand.. I rarely copy/paste stuff, unless it's new to me =P

~Blaze

engineer54

Reaction score
Handcoding is the best way to go. No editors at all just notepad++. The reason that I have never used an 'editor' other than the text based notepad++ is because I want to stay fresh and up-to-date with the constant changes out there. WYSIWYG editors just flatout create too much unnecessary code.

Code your web sites using XHTML, external CSS, and tableless and you will then come closer to keeping up with the ever evolving designer world.

kkenny

Reaction score
I start using graphics out in Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks and many other programs, head onto the design phase using Dreamweaver, modify the code to suit my needs and script by hand, and publish via FTP. That's the cool way I do it :)