Website missing and NO cPanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashogun27

Reaction score
System says I don't have a website, after four years. But my site 'uuca.x10.mx' is still shown in Firefox browser(?) No cPanel is visible, so no option to unsuspend or restore it. What's going on?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Your account currently appears to be active and working correctly, so you shouldn't be seeing that. Please could you ensure you are signing in with the username "ashogun"?

Thank you,

seravysensei13

Reaction score
You need to select "switch theme" at top, seems the new default is a simplified control panel that shows nothing at all :(
Must be an April 1st thing...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to select "switch theme" at top, seems the new default is a simplified control panel that shows nothing at all :(
Must be an April 1st thing...

The x10Basic panel has been there for quite some time; while it doesn't show nearly as much as cPanel does, it is intended to be targetted at more novice users. Those still wanting the original cPanel (or needing functions not in x10Basic) can switch at will, which has been the case since the new panel was introduced.

remy87x18

Reaction score
System says I don't have a website, after four years. But my site 'uuca.x10.mx' is still shown in Firefox browser(?) No cPanel is visible, so no option to unsuspend or restore it. What's going on?
I'm glad you posted this up. It startled me too earlier, until I opened this thread.
Glad some of you mentioned the switch theme. I was very comfortable with my default cPanel.
The other theme just telling me I have no website, create one, etc....which sort of freak me out.

seravysensei13

Reaction score
It sure is scary to be greeted by that, especially after you log in due to having problems with uploading files and when you had been using the other control panel for the past few years.

ashogun27

Reaction score
All is well again ... Thanks for your replies and encouragement. It WAS a bit scary for this old retired coder, since I had not received any messages about my site going into disuse.
The strange thing was seeing that my site would still display. So what worked for me was telling the system to create a new 'Custom' site with the same name that it had. THEN the File Manager option appeared, and it showed that all my old files were still there. (Whew!)
I think I may have confused the system - I had two site's files mixed. I originally made a site using rvSiteBuilder (which was more complex than I preferred), then later tested one with just html. I sometimes delete a few of the old files, and that may have made the system think I had a SB type site with no contents(?) Or maybe not, your mileage may vary ...

Status
Not open for further replies.