Website not showed, FTP not working correctly please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niffy

Reaction score
Hello,
My website (idealrome.com) is not showed on My Websites, so I cannot access online Cpanel and ftp.
Also, when accessing with Filezilla files are not loaded correctly (zero bytes) and folders are not loaded at all.
Please help!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You would need to add your files as a "website" if you're using the x10 Basic cPanel theme. A "website" in that theme is about the same thing as a "project" in some other software - you can have all of the files you need, but they haven't been grouped together and given a name yet. Or you can switch to the x10 x3 theme instead, which doesn't use the "website" idea and just use ordinary file management.

I don't have access to the back end of your site, so I can't be of much help with the zero-byte issue, but that's often because you've reached your quota. again, I can't say that's the case here, but it's something to check.

Niffy

Reaction score
Thank you!
I tried to upload a 64Kb file, but the system says insufficient space. I have a very small website so I don't thikn is overquota, I am also able to load larger zip files (but decompressing does not work).

Niffy

Reaction score
The web interface says disk space usage 512MB (no more space available) but my website is only 50MB!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That includes emails, databases and log and error files as well. Again, I don't have access to your account, but you can do a bit of poking around. If you can't see anything taking up space, post back and a staff member with sufficient access will help you. (But be aware that there aren't many of them, so it probably won't be as fast as you might have been hoping.) If you can find the problem but need to retain the data (and that data isn't emails or backup files), then post a new thread requesting unmetered disk space - that's usually granted if you're not misusing your space.

Niffy

Reaction score
I poked around and deleted some files (logs) but used space still remains 512 Mb. I don't use emails or else and apparently there are not files that use a lot of space. Can you please help me with deleting unnecessary files or grant unmetered space?
Thanks!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Niffy,

So sorry for the inconvenience here, but it looks like the majority of your account's disk space is being used by directory containing several thousand automatic camera photos. We can't allow this to be hosted on your account per our Terms of Service due to it being considered Auto-Generated Content.
Sites that use scripts or applications to automatically generate content are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: "Auto-blog" scripts; Automatic camera uploading utilities (e.g. security cameras or webcams), weather-related data information, and anything else that automatically generates website content for search engine optimization (SEO) or other purposes.
Please sign in at https://x10hosting.com/sso/login and open an appeal there. Another staff member will be able to sort this out for you.

Niffy

Reaction score
I have sent the support email. There was indeed a camera connected! This shoudl explain the used disk space.
I did not intend to violate your TOS (I read them long ago and I did not remember this condition).
I now disconnected the camera and I will be most happy to help to restore the website.

Last edited:

Niffy

Reaction score
Hi, Please restore my website asap or all my ads will be removed within 24 hrs.!
I was not aware of violating TOS, nor that there was such a large amount of pictures. Camera is now disconnected, please restore website and I will delete auto-generated content.
Thanks for your very kind support and understanding!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Suspensions are only dealt with through the appeal system, you'll have to await reply there. Support for free hosting is mainly done by volunteers, not all of them would have access to check/reply on appeals however.

I myself do not have access to that system, so I can not check and see what is going on with the appeal.

Niffy

Reaction score
I assume appeal is made through an email to support @ x10hosting.com as I did yesterday.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I assume appeal is made through an email to support
x10hosting will not handle suspension-related inquiries in these forums

You need to create an appeal (the only place where you can make one) at --> [ https://x10hosting.com/sso/login ]

If your appeal is accepted by x10hosting - the suspension will be lifted - BUT if your appeal is rejected they will not grant any access to your account or its contents under section 7 [Suspensions] of the current Terms of Service (TOS)
If an account is suspended for a breach of the Terms outlined above the account holder will immediately forfeit all rights to the account in question including access to any and all files and\or databases located within the account. x10Hosting is under no obligation to provide backups in full or in part to an account holder that has been suspended.

note: x10hosting will not post a notice (or the effective date) when they make a change of the TOS - it is up to you to stay current with the TOS

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just as an additional bit of info: the automatic content prohibition has been there for years, always with a "fudge" phrase like "including, but not limited to". Just because something isn't mentioned specifically by name doesn't mean a commonsense interpretation doesn't apply.

Niffy

Reaction score
Yes, I understand, but I was not aware of this condition when I connected my camera last summer (my website is here since years).
Account has been restored, I am trying to remove pictures but web cpanel is still restricted, I contacted the support about it.

Niffy

Reaction score
Hi, the problem has been solved. I'm considering uploading scripts which place ads on my pages (Magenet), is it permitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.