Weird Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spal7e

Reaction score
My domain is www.xl.exofire.net and my site (php nuke) is www.xl.exofire.net/Site

Today when i tried visiting site, all i get is a blank page with "‹" on top left. if u go to www.xl.exofire.net/Site ull see what i mean. No part of the site is working except the splash page (www.xl.exofire.net). Can anyone fill me in on whats wrong?

i can still access cpanel and ftp and the files are all there and so are the tables and php nuke installation.

Edit: I just checked the files from a previous backup and compared to the files currently in my directory and i noticed that this new file was there which wasnt there before. superSecretHomeDirScript.php is what its called. Could the site have been hacked?

Last edited:

Spal7e

Reaction score
is that whats causing the site to not function? if yes, how long till sites are restored?

Spal7e

Reaction score
thats odd. i guess we'll have to wait till corey is done with that script testing and see =/

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Your site works for me?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I can't re-produce it, when I go to the pages they all work.

Spal7e

Reaction score
its not working for me. i get the same thing as above ss. loads of my clan mates are also trying to access it and they all getting same thing.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using gzip try shutting it off.

Spal7e

Reaction score
dont kno how to use gzip and i never touched a setting to do with gzip so im guessing its disabled (unless its enabled by default?)

Mikek

Reaction score
I had the same problem.( mikek.x10hosting.com).

Switching off GZip compression fixed it.

To switch off GZip compression when you cant access your site, the setting is either in a file called config.php or similar or it is stored in the database.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Yep i can confirm that gzip is the problem, my forums and gallery were not working , i disabled gzip and now everything is working again :cool:

Spal7e

Reaction score
My GZip was disabled and still is but the site still doesnt work. neither do the forums.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
My GZip was disabled and still is but the site still doesnt work. neither do the forums.

Did you check your config.php? it is enabled by default!

Spal7e

Reaction score
i checked through phpmyadmin and under nuke_bbconfig gzip is disabled. is there any other place where i should check to see if its enabled?

Death Zone

Reaction score
i got the same problem at my forums , so i decided to back it up and the story there at my topic of (( A tech Qestion))

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to your php-nuke main directorey, a file called "config.php" should exist, fine an instance of gzip in there and disable it.

Death Zone

Reaction score
Thanks very much , but what about my data base problem ? at the topic with title (( A tech Qestion )

Spal7e

Reaction score
there is no instance of gzip on my config.php file. its just the following:

Code:
if (stristr(htmlentities($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), "config.php")) {
Header("Location: index.php");
die();
}

$dbhost = 
$dbuname = 
$dbpass = 
$dbname = 
$prefix = 
$user_prefix = 
$dbtype = 
$sitekey = 
$gfx_chk = 0;
$subscription_url = "";
$admin_file = "admin";
$tipath = "images/topics/";
$nuke_editor = 1;
$display_errors = false;

$prefix = empty($user_prefix) ? $prefix : $user_prefix;
$reasons = array("As Is","Offtopic","Flamebait","Troll","Redundant","Insighful","Interesting","Informative","Funny","Overrated","Underrated");
$badreasons = 4;
$AllowableHTML = array("b"=>1,"i"=>1,"strike"=>1,"div"=>2,"u"=>1,"a"=>2,"em"=>1,"br"=>1,"strong"=>1,"blockquote"=>1,"tt"=>1,"li"=>1,"ol"=>1,"ul"=>1,"img"=>2);
$CensorList = array("Swear words");

$commercial_license = 0;

i removed the dbname/pass/etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.