Weird Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Then i would say contact IPB as this is out of my reach!

Spal7e

Reaction score
Spale, have you disabled it in the Nuke DB/Config too? Cos there you just disabled it for the forum mod of Nuke.

the place i disabled gzip is the only database that I have.

Edit:
k guys i tried a fresh installation of phpnuke. tried it with new database, in a new directory and both of those. all of them give the same problem. I tried installing nuke platinum and it gives the same problem as well. PostNuke on the other hand works fine. I want to request the server admin to remove the new file that they put up (the one called "superSecretHomeDirScript.php") just so I can find out whether that is the cause of the problem.

Update:
I talked to a few ppl and it seems that some ppl can view it fine but most can't. I had a php expert help me and he looked into it and he told me the following. It's not a scripting problem. phpbb works fine but phpnuke doesnt. he checked the setup and the setup is all fine so it must be a server problem.

And he told me to ask you guys why you are placing that supersecret script file on accounts and ioncube encrypting it as a method of secrecy.
Edit:
No Help!?

Last edited:

Spal7e

Reaction score
well everything works now for some reason. dont kno what u guys did but it worked. :D

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
In another topic it got mentioned that Corey undid some script he was running (presumably the superSecretHomeDirectory thing), because it was causing too many problems. Dunno what it was doing, but whatever it was doing was breaking things :)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
And he told me to ask you guys why you are placing that supersecret script file on accounts and ioncube encrypting it as a method of secrecy.

What we place in that script is secret, is that a problem, if it is please PM Corey.

dest581

Reaction score
The problem is that it seems superSecret has not been tested fully.

dest581

Reaction score
that's why v3 is not released yet ;)

That's exactly the problem. :p The only way to test these things out is to put them in the live environment. Pity for the users in the short run, likely much better in the long run.

Problem is that human nature thinks in the short run :D

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That's exactly the problem. :p The only way to test these things out is to put them in the live environment. Pity for the users in the short run, likely much better in the long run.

Problem is that human nature thinks in the short run :D

Couldn'tve put it better myself. Kinda like when building a website on a local testing server in the same sense; it may work on your local machine, but upload it to x10 and it might not quite work right. The difference is how do you test a script that's directly interfacing with thousands of user accounts on a local server that maybe has 2? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.