Well i hate the suspension policy

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by statfink, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Zero_System

Zero_System New Member

well I guess I am suspended but all i have to do is post so i guess it makes for an active forum + a great source of info.

2. Corey

Corey I Break Things Staff Member

3. axyjo

axyjo New Member

Hmm.. i would agree with you for some of the things, such as the login script.. Once, I got suspended because 'login scripts are not permitted'. There was a register link in plain view.. Sometimes the account managers need to read more

Then again, x10 is the most stable and reliable free service I have seen so far..

4. gvuyk07

gvuyk07 New Member

hey! U got suspended!, beacuse of inactivity??, I was working with PhpMyAdmin when sudenly, it was suspended..!
    what can I do?

5. Corey

You can start by reading 2 or 3 posts up where I say how to unsuspend yourself...

Also the search feature of the forum comes in handy.

6. joelrgill

joelrgill New Member

It is a pretty silly policy, all things considered. I'd much rather be spending time finishing my site than making banal and meaningless rants about the policy, but here I am. I hope that this post will get my account reactivated, but who knows??????

7. jsobeck

jsobeck New Member

Are you attempting to say your account has been suspended for inactivity? If so, once again, take the time to read a few posts up, you just might discover something useful.

8. onewalrus

onewalrus New Member

It's all good and fair. I was wondering how long it takes to get reactivated? Does anyone know?

9. faolan

faolan New Member

Onewalrus: It just takes as long as it takes for one of the staff to see the request and be able to act on it. :)

For all of those who are still complaining, I suggest you read this thread.

(To those that have read the GTFO thread before and *aren't* complaining... I feel it sums up the whole thing quite nicely.)

10. Corey

11. Starshine

Starshine Legend Killer

And yet, logging into the forum and posting are two separate things. We do NOT have a posting requirement. I really wish people can learn to read simple text. There is NO NO NO NO NO POSTING REQUIREMENT!!!

Just login. How hard is that? Open a separate page, login ... read some topics and logout. You're done for 2 weeks.

12. Corey

I also don't understand why people even argue this topic. You agreed to it when you signed up. If you don't agree, don't sign-up. You have no right to argue you ANYTHING in the TOS, it's simple, you either agree or you don't. You can't change your mind.

-Corey

13. Sharky

Sharky Community Paragon Community Support

You have the right to argue, but that doesn't mean anything'll come of it :thefinger

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  14. qwertygo

qwertygo New Member

I have just logged in to find my account has been suspended for "inactivity". I log in regularly, so I can only assume it was because I hadn't completed my site.

I was in the process of setting up a CubeCart store. Rome wasn't built in a day, and websites do not spring up overnight. These things take time, and I was working on it.

When I found such a feature-packed free host I thought it was too good to be true, and this confirms my suspicions.

Goodbye.

15. pebbleworm

pebbleworm New Member

NO, I don't hate the suspension policies. What I don't like are freeloaders. X10services are free and the least we can do is follow the simple request to login every 2 weeks. :)

16. srschief

srschief New Member

Yea, its worth it. To login at least once in 2 weeks.

17. jsobeck

jsobeck New Member

"If you don't like it, leave." Obviously, you haven't paid attention to the overwhelming positive comments left here at x10... Your suspicions are absolutely wrong, such a feature-packed free host is not too good to be true, you obviously did not follow something in the TOS and have been suspended, something easily undone, if you take the time to do it.

But I'm not making you stay. Thanks for giving x10 a try.

18. qwertygo

qwertygo New Member

I did follow the TOS to a tee. I logged in every few days, and I had the ads placed near the top of every page. I was working on the design, and getting ready to upload my product range.

All the work I have put in has been undone, and for no reason. This proves that you get what you pay for - I now have nothing! I'm going to have to start again from scratch, and this time it will be on a paid host.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  19. Alejandro

Alejandro Staff Staff Member Community Support

Please create a thread about this in the suspensions forum... Also, if you don't have an index in your site, it is considered inactivity. You have 2 weeks to have your site, or at least an "Under Construction" page up.

20. shyam123

shyam123 New Member

anyways..my acc was suspended and i got back....good interface saying reason of suspension and how to unsuspend....that's cool...need logging to forum once in 2 weeks..only login not to get suspended...nice service