What coding languages do YOU know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattura

Reaction score
I read a great quote today, from the book "(The) Night Watch" (by a Russian author, also a film):

"I wanted to do something...anything at all: raise up castles, lay waste to cities, program in basic or embroider in cross stitch"

That got me laughing! Sometimes a programmer has that urge for basic!
What's more, it was on page 386, which is a very appropriate machine for the job!

lambada

Reaction score
For me it's
(X)HTML, CSS, PHP, Pascal, some BASIC, some C++, some JavaScript, and very little Perl (Listed in order of proficiency best to worst)

stick onto the end of that Delphi

Perl and Delphi are part of my A level computing course. Although we can use any language we want in the exam, i'm not sure if they'd allow PHP (my preferred) as it's interpreted and not compiled.

ramj1

Reaction score
I know (x)HTML, XML, CSS, working on PHP as well as ActionScript, a bit of C++, remnants of Java from when I thought it'd be a good language to learn, and I'd like to finish learning C++, as well as learn some Python.

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
programming is conceptual if you know how to program it doesn't matter a language... languages I have experience with are pascal,c,c++,html,java,python/jython,vb,vb.net,delphi,perl,sql

SykaX

Reaction score
HTML, CSS, JavaScript, some amount of Python (which I don't really need,) learning PHP.

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
programming is conceptual if you know how to program it doesn't matter a language... languages I have experience with are pascal,c,c++,html,java,python/jython,vb,vb.net,delphi,perl,sql
Oooh, very true.

You know, quite a few languages were derived from C. If you know C then you know or can very easily learn(memorize new language specific terms) C++, Java, Javascript, PHP and probably a few more. Those are just some that I've used and noticed the striking similarity. The basics like syntax and core functions are the same.

Tomcenc

Reaction score
(X)HTML, PHP, Javascript, CSS. The easiest for me is PHP, because it is server side, I never run into "cross" browser problems. XHTML and CSS are easy ones, as CSS is very flexible and with a bit of PHP you can provide the right CSS to the right browser. I'm good at Javascript (it's pretty much the same as PHP (both C based languages), with some subtle differences like no "real" associative arrays and an annoying "+" instead of "." which causes "5"+6 to become 56 instead of 11), lack of standards makes it hard to write cross browser Javascript.
I know BBcode too of course.

Last edited:

spork

Reaction score
PHP, Visual Basic, C++, Java

If you consider these a language... HTML, CSS, SQL

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
HTML, CSS, a little PHP, JavaScript, C++, Python, VB, Perl and Batch (most wouldn't consider this a language, but I can do some pretty crazy things with it ;)). I'm not too experienced in any of them (except HTML and Batch), but I'm decent enough for my needs.

IllusionGames

Reaction score
i know, html, css, php, php with mysql, little java, rgss aka ruby and for a while i knew a bit of ajax

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You're all way to smart, i know ABSOLUTE BASICS of html and php... and a tiny little tiny small amount of C# and VB.NET, the only thing i can say im actually good at is mIRC scripting ROFL

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I know JS, HTML, CSS and i'm learning VB, PHP, Perl, Xml, and Python

VPmase

Reaction score
I taught myself JS, HTML, CSS, PHP (AJAX as well), MySQL, Flash AS2, VB, and I'm learning C++. Oh and I also know a lil bit of batch scripting and JAVA.

Last edited:

SyncViews

Reaction score
html , php, css, sql, C, gml.

Having learnt C I managed to learn most of gml and php in like a week just by reading the reference stuff lol (and various scripting stuff for games like x2/3 )

Thinking of learning C++ once my exams are out of the way :)

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I know HTML, CSS, JavaScript, C, C++, Java.
PHP, i am learning now.

I know PL/SQL too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.