What do you think of a .info domain/whole name?

What do you think .info is?

• It's perfectly fine for a blog to use .info

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's completely unprofessional

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

mcklovin

Reaction score
For the past 6-8 months I've been using a .info for my personal blog. What do you think of a .info for a personal blog?

I ask since most people view it negatively since .info sites are usually spam. I know that I'm taking a SEO hit by using it.. but I really like the name I got.

While we're on the topic what do you think of using your first + last name for a domain?

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
For the past 6-8 months I've been using a .info for my personal blog. What do you think of a .info for a personal blog?

I ask since most people view it negatively since .info sites are usually spam. I know that I'm taking a SEO hit by using it.. but I really like the name I got.

While we're on the topic what do you think of using your first + last name for a domain?

I am using .info too for my personal website. It is pretty good. You can see the link in signatures.

I think using your first name and last name in domain is good as long as your blog is personal.

vap0r

Reaction score
The problem is familiarity. Most people are familiar with .com and .net, but not .info. Also, as you have previously mentioned. .info sites often are latent with spam. Though the costs of .info sites are consistently cheaper than anything on the market.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Most people use .info for their portfolio site ..... I think its ok for personal blog