what forum script are you using???

phenetic

Reaction score
Invision Power Board 1.3 (Gaming Part)
vBulletin 3.0.3 (Hip-Hop Part, and yes it is legal)

Su2000

Reaction score
Since over here has IPB 1.3, I'm gonna use that instead of the 2.0 trial I still have (I would use it, I mean, forum hasn't hit 5000 posts and whatnot.

phenetic

Reaction score
ig ot the full IPB 2.0.3 or whatever version its on now...i decided to use IPB 1.3 thought since it has the hacks i am currently looking for.

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of PHPBB and have worked with it a lot. I've also used pre-setup IPB 1.0-1.3.

FXsoul

Reaction score
On my old host i used ipb 1.3 since its the only forum i can skin

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
A BBS is eactly that, nothing more, no need to start an argument. Its just that some are more common and have a group of followers who enjoy coding and working with that specific one more.

I prefer phpBB because i have used it more, and am use to the layout and design of the system, folder locations, etc. Its also highly customizable; check out http://phpbbhacks.com for hacks.

I've used IPB serveral times, hosted at http://invisionfree.com , and there not my fav. Like with anything, each person has their own preferences to the way stuff is layed out; to me IPB seems unorganized and doesnt have the same "feel" as phpBB.

I've yet to try SMF, so I cant really comment on it, but I have looked at forums runing it, and it looks pretty nice; I have used YaBB in the past however.

Althou I've never admin'ed a VB board, I'm members on a few, and the features they support are very nice. Over-all it seems to be a very nice board; but I'd still prefer phpBB or IPS, since its free.

My .02

phenetic

Reaction score
Dark.Cobra said:
I've used IPB serveral times, hosted at http://invisionfree.com , and there not my fav. Like with anything, each person has their own preferences to the way stuff is layed out; to me IPB seems unorganized and doesnt have the same "feel" as phpBB.

Althou I've never admin'ed a VB board, I'm members on a few, and the features they support are very nice. Over-all it seems to be a very nice board; but I'd still prefer phpBB or IPS, since its free.

Ok you havent really used IPB if you have used it InvisionFree, see you need to use a full version of IPB.

But i will have to go and say that vBulletin is teh best, i can see why it is $160,a nd for me it was worth every penny :D

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
phenetic said:
Ok you havent really used IPB if you have used it InvisionFree, see you need to use a full version of IPB.

I'm talkin about the Admin panel; which wouldnt change that drasitcally from IF to IPB.

Kurai Kumo

Who's Your Daddy?
Reaction score
i have vBulletin, IPB, and phpBB

vBulletin = $160 (Best)
IPB = $200 (Worst)
phpBB= $0 (Second Best)

Kurai Kumo

Who's Your Daddy?
Reaction score
i basically hate IPB. you pay 200 for it and it sucks i had a freeboard of it and didn't like and vb is 160 and love it.

phenetic

Reaction score
^^^probally used invisionfre or somethin, no body gives out IPB 2 for free, if you like vb3, then you will bascially like IPB2, since they have just about the same features, except vb has a lil bit more and vBulletin has WAY better support.