What happen to the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

terminussystems

Reaction score
Looking at the same page, it seems that all services but smtp are back online... And my site started working =)

jamessmith

Reaction score
Back online, but all my site says is 'It is currently Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:18 am'.

Duh!

jamessmith

Reaction score
Traffic overload!!!

Further to my previous comment, x10 looks like the best service there is in the whole world according to the plans pages of the Corporate scheme :D!

Oh yeah, 99.9% down time for free hosting? Whatever, man!

nchgaming

Reaction score
Re: What happen to the server (mini word wall)

Nothing is perfect! If it was... I wouldn't have hit the wrong key and WIPED OUT the previous word wall I was almost ready to post.
With that said, I think alot of users that posted in this thread will probably be getting a much deserved "shut up or get out" warning of sorts for their spoiled little brat attitudes. This is FREE HOSTING and THE BEST OUT THERE! (With YEARS of long standing service to prove it) Most free HOSTS won't even give you ALL THIS, or even be around this long. They give us these forums so we can help each other, all of us, them and us. The forums aren't here for you "to bite the hand that feeds you". If I were them...I'd seriously be wondering why I'm taking the time to put up with this abuse, and lack of appreciation, and still fix the server just so you can spout off again the next time it happens. Even paid hosts go down for various reasons BEYOND THEIR CONTROL, and yeah... they'd issue a credit for any down time you received, but THAT'S PAID, this isn't.
Now... if your site is really that important, then WHY are YOU being so irresponsible as to be putting it on a free host anyways? My site is very important to me, but I have confidence in these guys, that some of you might end up ruining. I'd tell ya to go to hell, and pull the plug! These guys are SPENDING HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of dollars REGULARLY to keep things updated with all the newest features and software... but with new, comes bugs. Would you, seriously, upgrade your PAID SERVERS with something, before you know how it's gunna work? No. You'll use different servers for experimenting, and if you're going to do that AND pay for them, you might as well allow NICE people to use this "extra space" for free, and further help the testing by giving it a "real world" load! Be happy with what you can get.
This particular incident was most likely caused by a deliberate attack... There haven't been any major changes or updates recently, so take it in stride, cool off, and think about what you're getting for nothing. And stop be so ungreatful!

chucklebutte

Reaction score
Just have to say bravo you guys @ X10 just under 2.5 hrs downtime whatever it was you guys took care of it fast! Just wanted to say thanks again for being very reliable being I've spent 0 dollars. I feel very grateful for your services and for the speedy response!

Oh and apparently Ding new page! lol

Last edited:

jamessmith

Reaction score
Very slow!!!
Edit:
Lotus gone bye-byes again.
Edit:
MySQL down?

Come on x10, MySQL keeps turning on and off, LOL!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.