what is the IP address of the host for the free hosting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanilla6

Reaction score
I am managing my own DNS from an online DNS service.

I am trying to point my DNS at X10, but the only details i can find
are the nameservers. I need an IP address to point my A records at.

Can anyone tell me the IP Address of the freehosting host please ?

Thanks to anyone that can help :)

vanilla6

bjt8764-dat2@yahoo.co.uk

vanilla6

Reaction score
Thanks bdistler, but that doesn't solve my problem.

When i try to add a new website, i get this error, displayed in red:

Unable to add the domain name − Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I understand what this means. But look what it says at the end:
".... and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver"

An A record maps a name to an ipaddress.

so i need the hosting IP address.

The page you supply, bdlisting, supplies the ip address of the nameservers... not the ip address of the host.

But thanks for supplying the link :)

best wishes

vanilla6

bjt8764-dat2@yahoo.co.uk

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi vanilla6,

Unfortunately you will be unable to add a domain name pointing to the server using an A Record, because cPanel checks that your domain is pointing to our nameservers before you can add it. This is for security reasons, since it prevents people adding domains they do not own. To add your domain, you would need to point your domain to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com.

After you have added the domain, you can change the domain's DNS zone (A Records, CNAME records, etc.) from the "Advanced DNS Editor" in cPanel. You can even revert back to your own nameservers afterwards if you prefer, but you would still need to point the domain name to our nameservers to be able to add it.

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
The page you supply, bdlisting, supplies the ip address of the nameservers... not the ip address of the host.
there are seven (7) x10hosting's free-hosting servers - you did not say which one your account is on - or what the URL is for your site...

BUT

x10hosting has changed the requirements for free-hosting accounts - you need to set the DNS (Domain Name System) [ NS ] records to x10hosting's nameservers (ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com) for all [ addon ] or [ parked ] domains - instead of DNS [ A ] record - before you can add them in cPanel.

Just adding an DNS [ A ] record does not work

see --> [ https://x10hosting.com/support/domains/add-domain-name ]

Status
Not open for further replies.