What is the purpost of my site

Jordan C

Reaction score
H,

When I made my site, I just made it. But now, I don't know where to go next.

Someone said they thought it was a operating system site, if so.

As you can see. I'm a little off track and I need some ideas/ insperation :dunno:

Thanks

PS: Heres the link, http://www.simplenerdtalk.co.cc

Last edited:

mymacgb

Reaction score
Hello,

That's a scary question for a webmaster to ask! lol I'm not certain either what the purpose of your site is. It seems like you were going for a "macosrumors"-esque site with the categories and the Windows Vista wallpaper you used in your header.

The site layout is good - but the purpose, as you mentioned, is something of an enigma.

The very first sentence on yoru site is: " Lets face it, the nets a funny place. And here we have a collection of funny stuff". No clear purpose of the site. Needs more content (relevant content).

People are going to go to your site, not understand what the purpose of your website is, and go somewhere else. Bring things together on your site!

Layout 8/10 - simple and clean
Content 1/10 - hodge-podge and no clear theme

--
http://www.smartmoneysavings.com/
Money Saving Tips & Ideas

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like a general IT discussion site - which is OK. That's judging from the content. The sitre design is fine.

I think you will need to consider more what you want to do with it - of course these things change and evolve, and often you just have to kick off and find out what you want to do by tryial & error.

Conventional wisdom is that you must have clear objectives - but that's not how most things work when you are starting out.

RRJJMM

Reaction score
You certainly have a site with "all form and unknown function". I think that a very narrow focus would be the most valuable. For example: tips and tricks as well as new developments in Linux (or the OS of your choice).

You might want to start by ruthlessly chopping out all the things that don't serve your ultimate purpose, and then let what is left grow.

Good Luck,

JuniorD

Reaction score
maybe you can make it into a tutorial or criticizing website. that criticizes the latest hardware and software maybe.

Jordan C

Reaction score
Yea. I think I might move into operating system tricks and tips, and I was also hoping to track the release of Windows 7 and Snow Leopard (Mac OSX 10.6).