What is your favourite FTP Program?

wongers

Reaction score
FileZilla for free, id go with CuteFTP Pro over all. if you want to put the cash in . . . or *cough*download*cough* it via torrent

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
FileZilla for free, id go with CuteFTP Pro over all. if you want to put the cash in . . . or *cough*download*cough* it via torrent

There is nothing super special about CuteFTP Pro. I own a licensed copy of it that is from the early 2000.

frankpee

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Im looking for a new FTP Program, currently im using CoreFTP, but i would like something abit more user friendly,
What do you lot use?
Cheers

I still use LeechFTP.
Lame, I know, but it works well in XP and I'm used to it.
It was last updated in 1999.

Reaction score
One AGAINST Filezilla.

Everybody says it's great but, as for me, it froze my 2-months-old laptop and slowed it down to near stillness; I had to uninstall it to have the system work normally. :mad::mad:
My suggestion is STAY FAR FROM FILEZILLA!!!!

As for what I use, CuteFTP-Pro; been using it for the last 2-3 years, it never had the tiniest glitch.
My alternative is Ipswitch WS_FTP, coming with a free version called WS_FTP LE.
Third option is CooffeeCup DirectFTP: very good, very easy, very cheap - with a free version, too.

Other fully free clients (no paid version) are the following.

• ClassicFTP (my favorite free FTP);
  • FreshFTP (very good, very easy, very lightweight);
  • FTPRush (i love the interface);
  • AceFTP Freeware (nice, easy and fast);
  • FTP Wanderer (pretty neat);

anthony-mcgowan52

Reaction score
Sorry to rain on the parade but filezilla, whilst fine for a free prog and undoubtedly useful for quick uploads is not in the same league as CuteFTP Pro. Far more powerful.
But you have to buy it.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
FileZilla is by far the best FTP client, as it has many features like drag and drop, multiple tabs, built in local file browser, path listing, coded commands, transfer queue, etc.

For Mac, I use Cyberduck since it's a lovely simple FTP program for dragging and dropping folders into the little application. It stores all of the FTP connections for future use, and easy to use with a built in queue and other features.

Plus, they're both free