Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigzo

Reaction score
What processor do you have?
i have an intel quad core!

ipawnnoobs

Reaction score
This is my laptop I have a Pentium 4 with HT and my desktop has an Intel Core Duo.

Last edited:

nol888

Reaction score
You should put some AMD choices, but I'm running an Intel Pentium D.

Sohail

Reaction score
I use Macintosh so I just clicked the 'other' option and mine is almost 5 years old so it does go quite slow. It's a 1GHz PPC processor and it really does suck. But i just need to upgrade my RAM to speed it up if you didn't know that it's possible because I have 256MB of RAM and if I upgraded it to 2GB then it would go much faster.

Fortunately i'm getting a new computer anyway so I don't need to worry about upgrading, it's too much headache anyway.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Laptop has Pentium 4-m (NOT Pentium M AFAIK) 2ghz, this has Core2Duo 2GHz thingy.

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
I use Macintosh so I just clicked the 'other' option and mine is almost 5 years old so it does go quite slow. It's a 1GHz PPC processor and it really does suck. But i just need to upgrade my RAM to speed it up if you didn't know that it's possible because I have 256MB of RAM and if I upgraded it to 2GB then it would go much faster.

Fortunately i'm getting a new computer anyway so I don't need to worry about upgrading, it's too much headache anyway.
Ummm.... you do realize that RAM doesn't really determine your speed. You can load up on 8 GB of RAM(if you had the slots and such(would have to be 4 2GB DDR2 sticks)), but that 8 GB of RAM would run the same on most computers simply because the processor can't really use all of it(or at least not fast enough). I have an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+ with 1 GB of RAM. Using various gages and meters I can see that I hardly ever use up ALL my RAM. I have 1.0 GHz processor on an old computer in my room and if I could, putting 2 GB of RAM on there wouldn't help it much. You simply need a balance between the two. Quad core does nothing with 512 and 4 GB does nothing with 1.0 GHz.

Interesting now that they stopped making processors faster. Instead, they made them smaller, then placed more than one in a chip(technically doubling the speed). Where will they go from here?

Stilles

Reaction score
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE
1662 MHz

:lockd: <lmao

DMacK

Reaction score
My desktop is a couple years old.. it has a P4 2.66ghz. Laptop has a core 2 duo though.

memento

Reaction score
I've a Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz
that seems I've the oldest computer :D

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
Dual Core for my laptop and main computer. But I still have a Pentium 150Mhz in a box and an Athlon @ 500Mhz in a computer running with only a few problems.

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
Pentium 4 Dual Core 3.4Ghz
and this is one of bests around here darn..
i want one like chougard have :(
too bad is too expensive :S

Ummm.... you do realize that RAM doesn't really determine your speed. You can load up on 8 GB of RAM(if you had the slots and such(would have to be 4 2GB DDR2 sticks)), but that 8 GB of RAM would run the same on most computers simply because the processor can't really use all of it(or at least not fast enough). I have an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+ with 1 GB of RAM. Using various gages and meters I can see that I hardly ever use up ALL my RAM. I have 1.0 GHz processor on an old computer in my room and if I could, putting 2 GB of RAM on there wouldn't help it much. You simply need a balance between the two. Quad core does nothing with 512 and 4 GB does nothing with 1.0 GHz.

Interesting now that they stopped making processors faster. Instead, they made them smaller, then placed more than one in a chip(technically doubling the speed). Where will they go from here?

In Macintoshes, adding RAM DO work. Is not like common PC's.
I know that because my university have ****ty mac's with G4 750mhz and 384Mb. Running Photoshop 7.

We upgraded ONE with 1Gb and now it runs a CS2 with almost same opening speed :S

Last edited:

Relemar

Reaction score
Currently I'm on a Intel core 2 duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz (this is just my homework computer and msn, all crappy tasks) and I have 1GB RAM. My other gaming PC I have a Quad core and I have 4GB RAM but I use Vista and a 8800GTX for gaming.

But I hate quads, too noisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.