What should I add to the forums?

zapperpost

Reaction score
http://deltik.co.cc/phpBB3/ (the forums)

The forums are about anything, so I need a list of Categories and Forums within, in the format like:
Deltik
Feedback & Suggestions (you can post your replies to this thread here too, but you'll need to sign-up first)
Introductions
Staff Applications
General Chat
Open Topic
Forum Games
Tutorials
The Junkyard
Spam

What categories should I add? Like: Entertainment, Programming, Gaming, Graphics...
What forums inside the categories should I add? Like: Movies, TV, Plays; Graphing Calculators, C, C++; Your Games, Games Discussion; Photoshop, GIMP, 3D

So review it, and tell me what to add. Also, give me suggestions on how to improve the forum*.
*If you would like for me to switch forum systems (e.g. SMF), then how can I link the forums to an e107 Website System?

Neurosylum

Reaction score
Games/Gaming is always a plus for me. Within that, you could always put forums like Game Reviews where you post a review of new games and you can let other members agree/disagree with what you reviewed. Other forums could be Xbox Games, PS3 Games, Nintendo Games(whether you make separate forums for the DS, Wii, GC, etc, is up to you), Sega Games, etc. Also, you can add a forum called Gamer Programming where people can post up games that they've created, whether it be flash or whatever.

It's really how you want to handle the information. Good luck. ^_^

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,
A top level strap line [one line summary] saying what Deltik is. Then have categories which are going to make your target audience want to post. Don't have too many sublevels at first, or people will just get lost in the tree.

Best regards

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
you are breaking ToS. You are linking people on ways to get rid of ads. you are on a x10 ad enhanced plan, and you are asking people to disable the ads.

Fail.

Neurosylum

Reaction score
you are breaking ToS. You are linking people on ways to get rid of ads. you are on a x10 ad enhanced plan, and you are asking people to disable the ads.

Fail.

Ouch. You're hurting x10, zapperpost. It's like you're making it seem that your site doesn't have ads to emulate a paid host.

lachlanlindsay

Reaction score
hmm everyone gets to be a mod is that a good idea? I would like to see how that turns out, I have a spam section in forums but there are some rules well 1 and that is that posts will be deleted after not being viewed for 30 days. i think should do at least some kind of i don't know something would be a good idea any way

zapperpost

Reaction score

Fail.
That's a lie! I have many pieces of proof:
1. View this forum post: http://forums.x10hosting.com/suspended-accounts/64185-unsuspension-request-nqliu.html#post367604 and then the one below it: http://forums.x10hosting.com/suspended-accounts/64185-unsuspension-request-nqliu.html#post367637 . I can trust GamingX. He said it was O.K.
2. Why am I not terminated or suspended? I've had this up for a few weeks now.
3. Nothing in the Terms of Service ever says you cannot teach people how to block ads.
4. The ad is in plain view, and I am not promoting any clicking.
5. Those that already block ads with something like "IE7Pro" won't see them anyways.
6. I am not asking people to block ads, they are just there for those who hate ads themselves.
7. Anyone can do it anyways, so I am just making it convenient for them.

And this:
hmm everyone gets to be a mod is that a good idea? I would like to see how that turns out, I have a spam section in forums but there are some rules well 1 and that is that posts will be deleted after not being viewed for 30 days. i think should do at least some kind of i don't know something would be a good idea any way

Well, it is in "The Junkyard", so the admins really don't care what people post there, and it's just one forum. It's like the lowest of the lowest of classes.

Last edited: