Which font is the noobiest?

Conor

Reaction score
Well? Comics Sans, Times New Roman? Give me your choice and why!

careerbridge

Reaction score
Verdana and tahoma... these fonts are very cute for webpages. Especialy when the font size is small...

Conor

Reaction score
I said NOOBIEST!

My personal opinion is comic sans. Every little kid uses this font for MSN etc.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I would say TNR since alot of noobs who don't know how to change fonts leave it at that. Comic sans shows that someone likes to be cute and has some knowledge of using other fonts. TNR = noob'd to the max

ƒorte

Reaction score
I agree w/ Erik.

Times New Roman sucks considerably.

oh yeah, and

ARIAL > TIMES!!!

lol

hoster123

idiot
Reaction score
OOOH, I remember in Windows 98 a font called Kiddi Paint - IT WAS SO NOOOBISH!!!!

Cant find it now though :( was great for messing round in paint with :)

The best font i like is Segoe UI - the new Vista font... IT ROCKS BETTER THAN VERNANDA AND ARIAL!!!

Tom
[EDIT] My sister just admitted she likes Comic Sans MS :( Big booboos - guess which font is being removed from her machine :drool: )

Last edited:

dragoneye_xp

Reaction score
Times new Roman (because, like Eric said, lots of n00bs just start typing and leave the font set at this.)
Arial (Just because it's at the top of the font list on most PCs [and it looks ugly IMO], so people choose this just so they don't have to scroll the Font list.)
and Comic Sans (how childish.)

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
Definitely Times, as it is only suitable for formal papers and such.

Equiflux

Reaction score
I say the Halo font is the noobiest. Not that it was poorly done, but it's just used badly and overused by newbies. Just makes the font look dumb.

randomize

Reaction score
I have to say that it is TIMES NEW ROMAN!

That font just sucks majorly!

nightscream

Reaction score
Trebuchet MS

that font i hate but some fonts sucks, it's what they size they are
like verdana sucks on like 18px or something

Jacob

Reaction score
Comic Sans MS is a noob font for littler kids. I remember when I first got MSN and AIM, that was my font of choice. It gets annoying now. Times New Roman and Arial are noob fonts for those who use their Windows 98 computer for the sole purpose of taking an hour to type a two paragraph letter to their friend in Iowa.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I'll have to agree with the masses. Times New Roman is probably the most over-used font on computers. It makes sense to use it when writing a paper, or something else you would print out and read. It just looks horrible when on websites though.

Most people don't know about the different types of fonts, and how they are used.

1. Serif: These fonts are used for documents that would be printed out and read. Serifs are those little bits on the edges of the letters that add "style" to the font. To see it, look at a document with Times New Roman at a very large font size. See the little accents on the ends of the 's' or bottom of the 'f'? That's a serif.

2. Sans-Serif: These fonts are used for viewing on a screen; computer monitor, TV... you get it. The word "sans" means "without." So Sans-Serif means "without serifs." If you look at a font like Verdana or Tahoma, they don't have the accents on the 's' or 'f'.

3. Monospace: Monospaced fonts are either Serif or Sans-Serif. The only difference is that each character takes up the same amount of space. This gives the impression that the fonts can be lined up vertically. These fonts are used in both print and screen mediums are are generally used when displaying code or computer output.

4. Cursive: These fonts usually look like handwriting, and are highly stylized. These aren't good for creating documents in because they can be hard to read, but Cursive fonts are good for purposely stylized text and logos.

5. Fantasy: This category is sort-of a "catch-all." Any fonts that don't fit in the above categories would fall under Fantasy. These can include scripted fonts depicting runes or glyphs, and can also be simply collections of characters like in Webdings and Wingdings.

So there you have it. The 5 default font types. I think everyone should try to learn more about what each type is used for and why. Especially web developers. Times New Roman is a very bad font to use when designing websites because it wasn't meant to be read on a screen. And I don't know about you, but I don't print out websites to read them. :)

dyfuse

Reaction score
Re: Noobiest

I think Times New Roman is the n00biest!! (just like the what the others think about it in this thread)

I mean, I remember the days when I just started schooling and in those days the teachers were like:

"This is what Microsoft Winword looks like. You can type letters, and projects in it."
"You can choose lots of different cool fonts for your letters...but stick with Times New Roman...it's what everyone uses..."

Oh, and haven't those days changed!
Times New Roman...I can say has got that formal look to it...BUT it's very plain...boring....dull...overused/cliche... :happysad:

I agree with Jacob...when I started using MSN it was Comic Sans MS all the way!...

Now it's just plain childish, too curly, too big, too fat...but very reminiscent...

Last edited: