Which VPS accounts can support REd5?

guimar

Reaction score
I am looking to add some light load video/audio capture/ and playback to my website.
Looking around the web red5 looked like a good choice do you support it on any of your VPS accounts or do you have an alternative?

I will also eventually need to process credit card information.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
VPSes are totally unmanaged, this means that you will need to have the expertise with linux in order to install these utilities yourself and make sure that they stay within your given resource limits. By "expertise" I do really mean "expert." VPS plans come with absolutely no Graphical User Interface for managing them pre-installed (not counting the VPS panel, which cannot actually allow you install things and such on the VPS), so you will need to have good knowledge of the linux command line utilities in order to manage it. If you don't think this description fits you, then I'd highly recommend against getting a VPS due to their no-refund policy.

As long as what you are planning on doing does not violate the VPS Terms of Service or the Acceptable Use Policy, you can pretty much put anything onto it (provided, again, that you stay within your resource limits)

guimar

Reaction score
I have the skils, I was wondering which ones are fast enough keep up with the data stream.
If I swap out for to long while streaming data the user sees a pause.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I have the skils, I was wondering which ones are fast enough keep up with the data stream.
If I swap out for to long while streaming data the user sees a pause.

Hi guimar,

I have moved this ticket from the English Free Hosting Community Support area to the VPS Chat area. You will receive more applicable support asking in the VPS board.

- Adam

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
All the VPSs have the same connection speed to the outside world, though i might go with X7 for the extra ram and processing cycles needed with video and audio stuff.