• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Which window you like most?

What's your reason for liking Windows XP or 98?

For me, Windows XP. Runs fast. I like all the wide applications for it and that Microsoft still supports it.

I've been using XP since it was released (Got it on a new PC we bought, p4 2.4 GHz with 512 MB ram in 2002)!, and never thought to go back.

islamis4u

Reaction score

but i think 98 is more fast and easy to install and also not take to much space.

Stusrud

Reaction score

I prefer windows XP over windows 98, but windows vista is my favorite.

alfred

Reaction score

I love windows XP only because it is fast, 2k based, and simple.

rozandas

Reaction score

I Love Windows XP No BSOD Like in the older versions, Sturdy, Highly Compatible more Freedom and user permissions and best of all

Operating System Editing and hexing =P

It would be better if u added more options in the poll.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score

If you had asked me this when XP was just released I would have said Win98. It sure was a great operating system, though lacking in resources. But now that XP has everything to offer I'll go for XP since Microsoft no longer supports Win98

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

After using XP SP2, couldnt go back. Imagin the hassels with unkown devices and drivers for silly stuff like a USB device.

I cant even remeber the setup of 98 properly, but no doubt it wasn't easier. If not harder.

porky101

Reaction score

XP

Runs faster and is just overall better

satbir

Reaction score

Its question of lesser evil. I have to go with XP because 98 is dead long ago. However if you are asking me for historical purpose then I would say I like DOS much more than anything else. Fast, quick, you feel having done something instead of clicking like chimps (sorry no wrong intentions).

XP looks lesser evil now because it has lot of self supporting features which is what lazy people like me have got used to.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score

I like Windows XP 98 was sorta slow for my computer.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score

Windows XP by far, it is compatible with everything 98 and more, is more customizable, and is easier to use. Every time I add hardware on Windows 98, I need the Windows CD. :wtf:

islamis4u

Reaction score

One thing is most important for me in xp is the resolved driver problem i would say it took hack of a time to do on 98.

shaunak

Reaction score

Although i dont use windows much, i am gonna have to say XP because:-
1. its robust and secure (note that security is a relative term with microsoft:)
)
2. your pen drive formu need to and with a driver floppy/CD
3. support for NTFS allows you to create 4gb+ files i.e. dvd creation possible.

but for the record, the best 'window' type is french....amazing view :) ... kidding

iLoveMacs

Reaction score

I am a Mac user, but if it was a choice between those two, that's easy, Windows XP hands down :D.

Windows 98 runs on DOS, Windows XP runs on NT, and is a huge difference. Windows XP also can run the latest applications, while 98, your choices are much more limited, most applications are XP/Vista only, no 98. 98 has been officially discontinued by MS.

Delta123

Reaction score

XP is an "add-on" to the basic Windows 98. Now Windows started out as .2 or something like that and its always been added on since then (of no mouse nor graphical interface) in order to be what we know now as Windows XP. Now Windows Vista was created from the ground up so it has less DOS coding then the actual XP has. But also with Vista theres alot of bugs of which comes from less usage...

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

If I had a choice on either to put Windows 98 or Windows XP on my PC it's pretty obvious I'd go with XP. It's got more support, a better file system, almost everything runs on it. It's just better.

Unless you're a DOS gamer of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.