Who Am I?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
OK, I am globally known and I gave up my job as well.
Earlier this year is January.

You'll probably still need more details, but they will come later.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Bang on, very well done. I believe he was, but I don't really pay a lot of attention, so don't quote me on it.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Bush was in power for 8 years. Actually, a little less than 8 years because of the whole al gore shenanigan that pushed his inauguration out a tad.

So it's your turn now zener diode.....

zen-r

Reaction score
I need a break from clue-giving.

Since you haven't had a go yet ichwar, why don't you set the question for us this time?

Or someone else that fancies a go?

ichwar said:
Yes, so what if I wear a pink frilly dress & a bow in my hair? I enjoy it!
girl_spruceup.gif

Last edited:

baker86

Reaction score
What the heck, I'll try one if that's alright:

I play a Gibson SG in a band you've probably heard of. I'm one of the richest people living in the Netherlands and, at 5' 2" tall, have been voted one of the coolest short people in the world :cool:. When I'm around, There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'!

zen-r

Reaction score
Hi baker86

Well it's clearly going to be a guitar player who's either well known himself, or in a well known rock band.

There's Gonna Be Some Rockin' sounds like a familiar song title to me......now if I could only think where I've heard it.

I bet someone else hear will have.....?

ichwar said:
Yes, so what if I wear a pink frilly dress & a bow in my hair? I enjoy it!
girl_spruceup.gif

fguy64

Reaction score
I was nominated three times to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, once under my own name, and the other two times under bands that I was a member of, Name my name, and also the other two bands I was a member of.

fguy64

Reaction score
I was nominated three times to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, once under my own name, and the other two times under bands that I was a member of, Name my name, and also the other two bands I was a member of.

I'm still rocking, but the two bands I was nominated for were back in the '60s

baker86

Reaction score
Gene Simmons? :dunno: ?

Was that a guess for mine? If so, Gene Simmons isn't who I'm talking about.

I'm glad someone caught the song title in that! There's Gonna Be Some Rockin is a song by this band!

He really has done pretty good for himself in a dog-eat-dog world.

For those about to rock, the guy I'm talking about is one that you'd want to hear!
Edit:
I'm still rocking, but the two bands I was nominated for were back in the '60s

Ah, I know I should know that one! I'm not going to Google it, though... lol I want to so bad, but I won't.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Gene Simmons was a wild guess for fguy64's clue - only really because he's sold a huge number of records.

But he was a bit later than the 60's really, & I can only think of him being successful in Kiss. Mick Jagger doesn't sound likely - he was 60's...but again, it needs to involve 2 bands. I'm going to have to think about that one.

Baker86 - you've handed the band to me with "For those about to rock". I salute you for this ;)

It can be none other than ACDC! I doubt that I'll remember the names of anyone in it though.

Anyone else want to take a guess?

Last edited:

fguy64

Reaction score
But he was a bit later than the 60's really, & I can only think of him being successful in Kiss. Mick Jagger doesn't sound likely - he was 60's...but again, it needs to involve 2 bands. I'm going to have to think about that one.

I have been in at least six bands since the sixties, as well as being a very successful solo artist. The two bands that are in the Rock and Roll hall of fame are from the sixties. I'm also in the Hall as a solo artist.

I had a well publicized bout with heroin addiction back in the late sixties early seventies. One of my most famous songs is from that time.

Today's clue: I had a prominent role in a well known Beatles song of the late sixties.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Would you be talking about Mr Clapton, per chance?

baker86

Reaction score
Indeed I am. :)

For bonus points, try filling in all the clues.

Oh, I should've known! I can't remember all of them, but I know he was in Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, and the Yardbirds (I believe). That's three. I can't remember which ones were in the Hall, though... the Yardbirds, I think was one.

fguy64

Reaction score
Oh, I should've known! I can't remember all of them, but I know he was in Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, and the Yardbirds (I believe). That's three. I can't remember which ones were in the Hall, though... the Yardbirds, I think was one.

He was in the hall for Yardbirds, Cream, and for himself. The bands he was in were as follows, more or less in order...

Yardbirds, John Mayall's BluesBreakers, Cream, Blind Faith with Steve Winwood, Derek and the Dominoes, and Delaney and Bonnie. I suppose there may have been others.

He was totally wired during the time he wrote and recorded Layla and Other assorted Love Songs.

And the Beatles song he figured prominently on was "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". He and George were pretty good friends.

baker86

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is still playing or not, but just for the heck of it, some more hints:

I am a member of AC/DC, as mentioned above. I can be seen duckwalking across the stage, playing a Gibson SG, normally in a school uniform and devil horns. I was front and center on the cover of Highway to Hell.

That's about everything that can be said without giving a name... lol I take it there isn't a lot of AC/DC fans out there!