Who Here Grabbed Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Spartan Erik, Jan 10, 2009.

1. ipodtouchforum

ipodtouchforum New Member

No. I could get every password you have ever entered into IE8 without even touching your mouse or keyboard. Firefox, however, I cannot.

Back on topic, I nabbed it a week ago along with a serial.

2. 2expression

2expression New Member

I have and it is amazing. the speed and the robust adaption to i7.

3. lhyman

lhyman New Member

but the real question is this: who is going to spend money and buy win 7 when it comes out?

not me, that's for sure !

4. ichwar

ichwar Community Advocate Community Support

stick with win 2k. that's smart! :D I'm definitely not paying a penny for win7. (and no, I ain't gonna pirate it either)

5. Smith6612

Smith6612 I ate all of the x10Pizza Community Support

I still have Windows 2000 on some of my PCs here. It's a great operating system despite it no longer being supported and despite it's age.

6. tridge

tridge New Member

Your joking right?

7. ichwar

No. I just recently moved away from 2k, and only because I had no more use for windows. I find it far superior to vista in many ways.

8. dylburger

dylburger New Member

Yeah the only reason I asked about the Netbook is because they said it could be done (and given that they've got it working on a Pentium I I'm sure its possible). No real interest in switching from XP anyway since I've got it running smoothly.

Besides I don't do anything really resource intensive so switching in itself is a waste of time for me. If I had my way I'd still be using Win 2000 as well (security be damned).

9. Smith6612

The Pentium I box while it was impressive to see Windows 7 running on that did in fact take 15-20 minutes to boot up and be ready to go.

10. ichwar

Wow. 15 min to boot it up!? You're kidding. That would make it very unusable.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  11. Smith6612

Not kidding at all. The system was a 200Mhz Pentium I system with 96MB of RAM as well as some old Soundblaster card and video card. Ran a Parallel ATA drive probably running in UDMA Mode 5, or more probable, Mode 2. I have an Intel 586 machine that runs at 128Mhz with 16MB of RAM, with some old Cirrus Logic 16-bit hardware and Creative 16-bit hardware hardware and an American Megatrends BIOS from basically 1993 so I could try to install Windows 7 on that and then boot it up :biggrin: I used to have an Intel 486 machine as well with 8MB of RAM, too bad I smashed the processor to bits :p

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  12. chingola

chingola New Member

Come on I think it is to install and then be up and running, thats about what it took mine, and boot up is around 15 sec.

13. ireviews

ireviews New Member

I used to have the beta but now I have the official release of Windows 7 because of the developer opportunities from Microsoft.

14. ichwar

You must have one speedy computer. Because It took over an hour to install on mine. And I have a fast computer.

15. Smith6612

I can boot Windows 7 up in 15 seconds or less pretty much on my PC inside of a virtual machine. The install though does take some time, and I installed it going from a mounted ISO on another RAID array to the virtual machine running off of my primary RAID array (the same one Vista was running off of). It took me about a half hour to install Windows 7 completely and set it up. I had an advantage with the speed here as I have two RAID 0 arrays online on my box. The only bottleneck I would have had would have been because the VM could only use one core of my system, thus I had the affinity set to use one logical core, and the fact that the Virtual Machine was allowed only 1GB of RAM total.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  16. galaxyAbstractor

galaxyAbstractor Community Advocate Community Support

It took only 10 - 15 mins on my 3 year old PC :eek:

17. phatfiel

phatfiel New Member

I'll be getting Windows 7 Signature Edition for when I host a Windows 7 Release Party. I don't know what is different about it than regular Windows 7, but still...

18. tridge

tridge New Member

I'm hosting a Windows 7 House Party sponsored by Microsoft :D
    They are sending me a ton of stuff and a Limited Edition Signature copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit!!!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  19. ichwar

Lol, everyone and his brother I talk to is hosting one of those parties. I think all microsoft is doing is losing potential customers by giving out so many free copies. How many people are you going to have at your party? Most people I know who are doing this are barely scrounging up the minimum 10 or 12 or what ever it is.

20. admael

admael New Member

Maybe they're trying something different? Building up reputation for this operating system and investing through the copies that they give out.