Who Here Grabbed Windows 7?

tridge

Reaction score
I like Win7 much better then Vista but it still has too many bugs for me, even for normal usage.

nterror

Reaction score
Windows7 = Vista heavily updated

Vista is a poor excuse of an operating system. Broke too much, bad security, drags its feet and throws a temper tantrum whenever you try to do anything.

Those who buy a new computer after July 2009 with Vista (Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate) pre-installed will get a free upgrade to Windows7.

Everyone else gets to pay for this Vista SP2. :lol:

IonCannon218

Reaction score
I'm going to get Windows 7 for my computer class project. I'm planning to quad-boot (who needs 4 OS's?) a computer with ubuntu, XP, fedora, and Windows 7

Last edited:

redlites

Reaction score
I have Windows 7 running under Parallels on my MacBook White. For some reason, it seems to always be at 100% CPU Usage. Also, I read in several forums that Aero both for Vista and Windows 7 won't work if booted under a virtual machine. I've also read in a lot of articles, including this thread that Windows 7 runs seamlessly on low end configurations, contrary to what I'm experiencing under Parallels. However, I think if I boot Windows 7 native with Boot Camp, I'll probably get that wow experience. I'll probably end up buying the OS when it comes out for my home PC. For the moment, Leopard is still by far the most superior OS for me.

tridge

Reaction score
I was angry with win7 for a minute because "superfetch" kept giving me errors, turns out it was actually my Crucial RAM. Thankfully Crucial is a good company and they back their product and are in the process of sending me two new sticks. I'm going to add win7 back on and give it another shot. As far as I can tell, I will more then likely be buying the ultimate version when it comes out.

ivcsc

Reaction score
I virtualized my 7054 (latest build I think) copy and I tell you it is sweet. You can run it seamlessly with vista. I don't mean in a window, I mean with the taskbar just above vista's and all the windows running as if it was in vista. when I have more time I think I will have xp, vista, 7 all boot up and run seamlessly with each other at the same time. Yes it doesn't seam to like the aero theme either but I don't really need it when in seamless mode.

For those who don't know the downloads are closed! I recommend to get a key from the Microsoft windows 7 beta site and then download a copy off torrenting.

From a few pages ago I saw the looking into zip files without extracting. Pardon me if I am being rude but where have you been? That was in XP as well as vista. It doesn't matter anyway if you have some other program like winrar.

To all those who state that beta's are buggy:
That's the point. Find the bugs to eliminate them. If you don't like it then don't post OR buy it because without beta testers it will be really buggy straight away.

Any Questions

mujtaba91

Reaction score
win 7 is really good...
vista just didnt work on my old PC
but win 7 does!

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know why you people download there software when it's at BETA stages! :eek:

They are so damn buggy, you'll end up getting 50% of the good stuff and 50% bugs XD

I won't get until they confirm all bugs are fixed :)

There is barely no bugs at all, I have been using it since start and only thing is that you need to restart uxsms after the computer comes back from sleep.

It is more stable than vista. Vista just BSoDed me all the time, and I still has not got a single BsOD on win7 yet

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I made a standard install with a 64 bit version of windows 7, I could not even run explorer properly. The Desktop -> Personalize menu would bring up a "Class not found" error. It may just be my quad-core processor, or my gateway bios Windows 7 doesn't like, but I have a rule about Microsoft operating systems, beta is just a thought, released is beta and sp1 is released.

Last edited:

garrettair

Reaction score
not yet. where would _someone_ get a key for this so i dont' have to use an activator crack or w/e?

ps i'm too lazy to google this :p

You don't need a crack, you can get the keys for free at the Microsoft website. And the betas are all over the google.

avester

Reaction score
Still a bit too buggy. When I get a touchscreen to my aspire one and the W7 is a bit more mature, I will upgrade.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Release Candidate isn't far away (already released for Technet/MSDN subscribers), so I'd try with that before making any hard-and-fast opinions.

tridge

Reaction score
Downloading the RC 7100 Win7 64bit right now via torrent...Microsoft sent me my CD key 5 days after they stopped making the download available, bastards.

rstat1

Reaction score
Got it when the very first build was leaked (believe it was build 6801, definitely pre-beta). Been running it as the only OS on my desktop, for 4 builds now. Refuse to use anything older (like vista or crap XP)

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I grabbed RC1 this morning from the Microsoft Website.

Wizet

Reaction score
o.o I got mine last night! I just did that so I didn't have to wait for the morning rush. Hehehehe.

antoligy

Reaction score
I've downloaded it, but I havn't installed it yet.
I want windows 7, but I don't want to have to reinstall it when Retail comes out...