WinRAR or WinZIP

Sohail

Reaction score
WinRAR can unzip and unrar though can't it..? I'm not sure because i use Mac which comes with this Stuffit Expander application and can extract loads of file types...

koyut

Reaction score
I have 7zip but If I were to choose I would go with winrar. I'm a fan of free opensource programs

like2program

Reaction score
I mainly use 7-zip but on rare occasion, when the person receiving my file doesn't have it or want it:nuts:, I use WinZIP.

LHVWB

Reaction score
I use Izarc, it works well for all the applications I need it for, I like that it is good at all the formats.

Scott B

Reaction score
7zip is way better because it can do whatever everything else can do and its free!

FalseHope

Reaction score
Maybe it could, but this is a topic on WinRAR and WinZIP! :p
I would go with WinZIP.

XESIVE

Reaction score
WINRAR, as it will open zip files as well as .tar / . pkg etc.
most popular formats

Isaac20

Reaction score
WinRAR. I've never needed to do something that WinRAR couldn't do, and since I usually use the context menu I don't even have to see the pop-up that tells me to buy it.

BlueIce

Reaction score
WinRAR because it can extract rar, tar, gzip, tar.gz files. But unfortunately, it cannot do the vice versa. If you want to compress a file/folder with a different format, use 7-zip.

John0108

Reaction score
I use WinRar, a really powerful software which allow you many things. In the past i used AlZip, a really awesome software.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
No need if you have a Mac. That's why macs are awesome. No need to install all this software.
:biggrin:

stocks

Reaction score
Personally I prefer PowerArchiver. It's free and it's powerful. What more could you want?

D

dWhite

I've been using WinRAR for ages now, and I still enjoy it. It's fast, powerful and the compression ratio outdoes that of WinZIP.