Resolved Wordpress 403 Error Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeshie

Reaction score
Hi,

I was working on my site tonight and discovered the wordpress of my website doesn't work and display a "403 Permission" error on it. I decided to check the rest of my site out and the rest works except the wordpress part of my site. So, I did some research some different things. I tried changing the php version to 7.2, that didn't work. I updated all my plugins and upgrade my wordpress verison, that didn't work. I check out the different permission of my folders and files and didn't see anything wrong. I also checked my htaccess files and index.php files and didn't see any errors in the code. I download my htaccess files and then tried delete them both. My wordpress site still will not work. I can't figure why it won't load.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There was actually one folder that had a permission problem, and that is the one that acts as a base for your subdomain (likely due to difference in handling domains between cPanel and DirectAdmin).

I corrected this, the permissions was set as 750, now they are 755.

mikeshie

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Thank you for the reply. Just checked my website, it works now. I also had to update the database after you made that change but it works. Thank you for correcting the problem.

Have a great day! :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Updating wordpress by getting a fresh set of files usually mean a bit update is needed to the database as well.

Glad to hear it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.