WordPress Login Problem

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by kiwukix1, Aug 10, 2018 at 5:05 PM.

1. kiwukix1

kiwukix1 New Member

Hello

I'm having a hell of a time trying to login to my WP admin. I've tried all sorts of things but to no avail.

Initially, my login URL was strangely redirecting itself to another URL. I eventually solved that issue only to then encounter this error:

"ERROR: Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress."

I then set off, searching for possible solutions as I knew I had my browser configured to allow cookies. I tried various suggestions I found but nothing has worked.

This has resulted from a move from another host. I had no such problems before which makes me wonder whether there may be something you include on your server as a standard or default which might be interfering in some way.

I have spent several hours today, trying to solve this but am now thoroughly fed up. Do you have an answer, please?

Many thanks.

2. rmsx10ho

rmsx10ho Member

So the front of the site for visitors works fine?

I presume you've tried other browsers.

I'd temporally rename the 'plugins' folder to something such as 'plugins-off' .. and try that. If you can login with plugins off, that's your issue.

I'd check the .htaccess file as well.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 11:46 PM