Resolved WordPress not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

backint2

Reaction score
Hi, I was updating my site which is wordpress, and now i get an error with the Page. I have no idea If It is because of the migration or because of the update itself. Anyone can help me do something to solve It please?

My site is http://backinthedaysrecords.com/

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Follow the link on the error page and turn on debugging. Usually, the config file is located in ~/domains/backinthedayrecords.com . Also check your error logs in DirectAdmin and see if any are popping up there already. More than likely, some plugin is misbehaving after the update.

Once you have some error messages, you can post them here or ask around on the plugin maker's website.

backint2

Reaction score
Thanks! I cannot get around to get this error solved. It says:

Warning: require(/home/backint2/domains/backinthedaysrecords.x10.mx/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-block-types-controller.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/backint2/domains/backinthedaysrecords.x10.mx/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 256

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/backint2/domains/backinthedaysrecords.x10.mx/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-block-types-controller.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear') in /home/backint2/domains/backinthedaysrecords.x10.mx/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 256

So It seems like the issue comes from wordpress right? I dont know what to do next

edit: Could this problem be caused by the disk space? i currently have 467.1 MB out of 512 MB. Im not 100% sure but I think i used to have 2GB

Thanks again!

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The 60ish mb you have left is fine and probably not the issue. It looks like your installation of wordpress is corrupt since a core file is missing and not a plugin file.

You would either have to install a backup that you've made or try to do a fresh installation and import the database so your content isn't lost. https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-restore-a-wordpress-site-with-just-database-backup/

Before you do anything, make a backup! Backups of your website are pretty small by today's standards and it could save you a lot of trouble! Back up the files via FTP and then the database via PHPMyAdmin.

backint2

Reaction score
Thanks! Im now trying to learn how to backup and reinstall wordpress. Hope i dont mess it all up more than it is! Thanks for your help

Edit: I wonder if theres no way to get a previous backup of my site, maybe from a week ago or something like that. Is that possible?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry, there are no daily backups on free hosting. The old KB says there are, but this information is out of date.

backint2

Reaction score
Hi, I finally solved it by installing a previous version of wordpress at softaculous, then i entered my site and updated to the last version available. It seems to be all good now. thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.