Wordpress Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was using communitypress until yesterday.
Beginning yesterday I am continuously getting the following issue: whenever I'm updating/installing any component, the install gets stuck at

Unpacking the package…

I've tried all known methods to resolve the issue, including a complete reinstall of everything but still facing the same issue.

Could you please check if your server script is interfering with this functionality?

There seems to be a slight problem with unzipping files on the servers. Just download the plugins to your machine, unzip them locally, then upload and install the plugins via FTP. ;)

On topic: I am honestly surprised nobody's linked this yet. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-cache/

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
This morning on the IRC, Corey said that he was starting to test a couple of plugins and trying to test how many simultaneous users on one WordPress install is possible without getting a 1 hour suspension.

@Sierra - Never used supercache before; I'll check that out later :) Apparently doing stuff with tar.gz is intensive, so I heard.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Kindly include:
BBpress
here it is : http://bbpress.org/download/

Thank you.

bbPress isn't really appropriate for this. If it is tested, it should be tested as a seperate script.

From what I've read so far, Google XML Sitemaps is used quite often - it is one of the worst plugins for triggering HRUs.

Relevant plugins that I use:

Statsurfer
Preserve Code Formatting
WP Page Numbers

xathelp42519

Reaction score
I think JetPack is a good theme because it has a lot of things like stats and stuff, its just like wordpress and WP-Ban is also a good plug in.

comunidaduser31

Reaction score
I use
Google analitycs for wordpress
Members
My Videotag
SEO Ultimate
SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam
WangGuard
WP-Polls
WP Super Cache

And i used the nextgengallery but i deleted it because it has a big impact in server resources
And i think will have to analize wp polls i dontknow if it have a good performance

jalenoes

Reaction score
I'm using:

Akismet
Contact Form 7
Max Buttons
Viper's Video Quicktags
Google XML Sitemaps
WP-DBManager (doesn't work now)

I was trying out several DB backup plugins and I found WP-DBManager to be most suited to my needs. It worked for a while but now it doesn't due to this error:
I'm sorry, your server administrator has disabled passthru(), system() and exec(), thus you cannot use this backup script. You may consider using the default WordPress database backup script instead.

kadi.morand62

Reaction score
Slideshowpro, capsman, minutes-agendas-newsletters,& Faq-tastic are among the WP plugins I like to use..;--)
Thanks so much for this service,
Kadi

We are going to do a test of the resource monitoring system by setting up some popular scripts with the most commonly used plugins\modules and simulating traffic to it with load impact to get a baseline of what these scripts use in terms of resource usage.

The first script we will be testing is Wordpress, please post what plugins you use here. We will take the most common and see how they fair and will provide the results to the community.

theone48

Reaction score
I like website visitor counters, wonder if they use any resources.

juggalox200896

Reaction score
i use to run a word-press site but was hacked i just wanted to let you guys to be careful of what plugins get installed

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
@T1: I doubt simple website counters use lots of resources. :)

@juggalox200896: Yeah, I've heard about hacked WordPress websites.

Last edited:

48bytes84

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi,

I would love to see if qTranslate (a manual post/page/theme translation system) breaks severely the limits. I use it because I like to have my WP content in both English and Spanish. I use it instead of WPML because WPML is really, really heavy on resources (they even ask you to modify the PHP max memory setting).

Thanks, and I'll be waiting to see how the testing goes.

Last edited:

dimantonak23

Reaction score
I'm using the WPML plugin and so far I' experiencing many times problems with the CPU usage (as seen on cpanel's statistics) and the "Resource limit hit!" error.

theone48

Reaction score
@T1: I doubt simple website counters use lots of resources. :)

@juggalox200896: Yeah, I've heard about hacked WordPress websites.

Thanks D-i, was wondering.

Is that for real? hacking a website for its plugins? eesh.

EDIT: Hope you don't mind me making a handle (eg. abbreviation) of your name. Typing names all the time is time-consuming, which is why I conscientiously shortened mine from the original theone4eternity to theone48, until creating the handle T1.

Last edited:

elkom0826

Reaction score
Quick Chat is wp plugin to allow users to chat with other visitor at my site its support chat rooms, word filtering, emoticon, user list, gravatars and more. the others chat plugin also make this problem happen.
thats the one problem traffic for wp users in x10hosting, thanx :smile:

theone48

Reaction score
yeah that chat thing is a cool plugin. I'd love to try it out sometime.

budhisetiawan5273

Reaction score
Excuse me,sir.. I want to ask, I have installed wordpress on my site and have installed the plugin multisite and my site is functioning properly, whether it be banned or not and whether the sites later I would be able to get suspended? My site is http://indblog.tk . Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.