Link hosting with the forum?

• Link It!

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • Don't Link It!

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

Vyriix

Reaction score
are suppose to login once in a month to verify our activity? It's kinda troublesome since I am at another states very frequently and would just straight login to post on my blog and manage guild site once in a while. Maybe the activity period shud be extend for 2 months or 3 months

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
I, for one, would be against it.

I can never become at home with forums, I don't know, maybe its because I'm nervous or something. I would hate to risk my site because I forgot to login on the x10hosting forums. I mean, I like coming here when I do, but there is nothing for me. I just wan't to get my site going and keep it so. The arcade is fun, but I don't play flash games. I don't get into conversations well, either. I guess I'm a "forum speculator". So, if you really are going to make this, make it lenient (leanient, ???, easy to deal with) for us who just aren't forumers. IN other words, use login checks, not post checks. Because x10Hosting will then become another "do-not-use" service for me.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Dude, do what I did ages ago and put a link in your browsers link bar that goes directly to the forum and also set your browser automatically login (by checking that little box on login page/area of forum).

mattspec

Reaction score
in that case, i LOVE this idea, i can access the forums from my school but not cpanel so this will help me out so much :D i hope this one goes!

jensen

Reaction score
The benefits of linking it? - so that you log in once and get to see your CPanel and don't have to log into both saperately.

On the other hand, why would x10 want members to keep loggin into the forums? To generate traffic for advertisement purposes? Or changing this hosting to post to host?

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Come on! Don't tell me you come here every 2-3 months...

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
DizzyTechnology said:
I, for one, would be against it.

I can never become at home with forums, I don't know, maybe its because I'm nervous or something. I would hate to risk my site because I forgot to login on the x10hosting forums.

Er, either i read it wrong or you did.

From what i got from the post, you wouldn't HAVE to come and log in on the forums. But you could do that if you didn't feel like logging in to Cpanel. Then if you didn't use the forum much, you could still have your accounts linked, but just sign in on cpanel every once in a while to keep your hosting account.

Thats what i thought anyway.

blackbeltboy47

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea, like jacob said:

Jacob said:
I think it's a good idea. It gives people an incentive to join our forums, all the while earning points and making some good friends ;)

It would be a great way to get people to join the forums. :biggrin:

lambada

Reaction score
I'd say link it, because it would be much easier for me to remember to login here, than on cPanel. I only login on cpanel if I haven't got ftp access (eg at school) Other than that I only login to cPanel for the checks. But I login and post here almos veryday.

Just a thought though, make it so to administer your cPanel you have to retype your password (like for access to the admin section), just more secure for the always log me in users.

PSP-Heaven

Reaction score
Im all for it. Go on the forums everyday! But I think You should make it, so the user can decide whether to use the forum way....or the CPanal way. Does this mean we must have, lets say 5 posts a week or deletion. If so, I am against it. But if its like the CPanal once every to weeks, except it would be log in to the forum once every two weeks, that would be cool. And a little suggestion, is there such thing as 'vacation mode'? So that, if I go on vacation, I wont come back and see my website deleted...?