wp-admin/admin-ajax.php 406 (Not Acceptable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brochurc

Reaction score
I am getting this error when trying to update woocommerce product variations. The server seems to be blocking the file.

I have tried to disable Mod_sec via .htaccess but having no luck.

Any ideas?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have tried to disable Mod_sec via .htaccess but having no luck.
while x10hosting discourage it - Premium account users have the ability to completely disable [ mod_security ] on their account via cPanel

For free-hosting accounts - x10hosting has a customized web server setup that does not allow for the same cPanel functionality to disable [ mod_security ] - x10hosting also decided it would not be a good idea to allow free-hosting users to disable it - as it is used to not only protect against inbound malicious attacks but to prevent outbound abuse also - Unfortunately free-hosting still gets abusive signups - and allowing those abusive users to disable something that helps to prevent their malicious actions would not be in x10hosting's best interest

only Admins can adjust [ mod_security ] for free-hosting accounts (i.e. [ Basic (no upgrade) ] and [ Prime ] and [ Illuminated ])

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I have made an adjustment to your account's mod_security configuration. Please could you try again now? :)

Thank you,

brochurc

Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for that Dead-i.

Excactly what was needed. Its now working a treat.

Thanks to you both Deaf-i and bdistler for taking the time to comment on this, its great that it is now sorted.

I have a few sites and test areas hosted with yourselves and think its time I really needed to start paying for it. I will upgrade first thing on Monday morning.

Many Thanks
Paul

capbrox1

Reaction score
Hi,

I have made an adjustment to your account's mod_security configuration. Please could you try again now? :)

Thank you,
Please i am having the same issue on my store. I just need mod_security off so i can progress. Its so frustrating...

newvivor

Reaction score
Dead-i,

I am having a similar (if not the same) problem as brochurc above. When trying to load variations in woocommerce, I receive a POST 404 (Not Found) error for the admin-ajax.php. Could you please disable my mod_security to see if it will allow ajax?Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 2.52.23 PM (3).png

newvivor

Reaction score
My bad - I misspoke. Can someone on the support team modify my mod_security settings to allow Ajax?

Status
Not open for further replies.