x10 MMO Server?

Which x10 MMO would you play on(Multiple Choices Acceptable)?

• World Of Warcraft

Votes: 99 65.6%
  • Ragnarok

Votes: 46 30.5%
  • Ultima Online

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Rose Online

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Lineage2

Votes: 34 22.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalseHope

Reaction score
neither, I don't play any of them ;)
only MMO I play is Diablo 2/Diablo 2 LOD

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
D34TH -- Do you know if Mangos or Ascent is better?

Slothie

Reaction score
I'd recommend Ascent. Its easier to setup and has greater stability. Mangoes has more features at the expense of stability so while it may be good to 'test', its definitely not production material.
Edit:
Unless of course you really really know what you are doing, in which case mangoes can give a potentially better gaming expereience.

Last edited:

grendil

Reaction score
You can run private wow servers but as far as I am aware blizzard are very anti these in a legal sense.

The reason these private servers are so limited is because the creators of the servers has to program all the game mechanics themselves; almost everything that happens in a MMORPG origins from the server itself, therefore the information from the official World of Warcraft source code cannot be reached. Blizzard does not support these private servers and it is considered morally wrong to play on these servers.

Last edited:

mfsgoten

Reaction score
I definatly vote WoW first, its and awsome game, and if we get enough ppl its would be great! if not i vote
Lineage2

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
You can run private wow servers but as far as I am aware blizzard are very anti these in a legal sense.

The reason these private servers are so limited is because the creators of the servers has to program all the game mechanics themselves; almost everything that happens in a MMORPG origins from the server itself, therefore the information from the official World of Warcraft source code cannot be reached. Blizzard does not support these private servers and it is considered morally wrong to play on these servers.

you said everything

anyways, lets jusr make a "x10RO" server and its ok!
ragnarok has about 3 different programs for servers. (Might be more but not popular)
eAthena, Aegis and Virdar.

eAthena:
everyone uses it. Fast, reliable, if you set up correctly and have a good PC. its almost impossible to crash (just dont let dumb GM's in, spamming skills and summoning monsters til server crash)

Aegis:
is the software used by official servers, is more secure i think but is a pain in the ass to learn how to set up.

Virdar:
Well, in the install process you already set everything.. too bad it crashes so much and isnt updated.

I recommend eAthena at all.
Info can be found at Official eAthena Boards. http://eathena.ws

I knew how setup older TXT versions. Now still has but SQL versions are more reliable.

jptosso

Reaction score
if u make the server "Lineage 2" server, i ll be happy to help u with ur npcs, skills, everythink u want, im currently selling servers but i can give u a server 4 free ;) and support xd

Slothie

Reaction score
Aegis for a 'true' MMO experience. You do however need MSSQL so that's probably out, and it doesn't run on anything but windoze either

Ross1234

Reaction score
WOW private servers are ILLEGAL. We should not engage in any illegal activity.

Slothie

Reaction score
As are most other private servers with the notable exception of RO

warlordste

Reaction score
WOW is the the best its a cool game every one should at lest try it out and see what they think :happysad:

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
As are most other private servers with the notable exception of RO

because eAthena won against Gravity ROFL \o/~

but, we cant modify gravity's exe or we will become illegal ;)

well, in ALL things, all privates are illegal, so lets make a RO one since is NOT illegal hohohoho

rackfenix

Reaction score
I think mmorpg is nice, but wath is MMO :dunno: is a another type of game? or wath?
---------
And why not do a private server of Counter Strike xD.. or GunZ, or Knight Online private server for x10hosting users :D... hehe

Last edited:

kosong

Reaction score
how about RF online???
thats good game ever

or maybe cabal ????

KowKing

Reaction score
I think mmorpg is nice, but wath is MMO :dunno: is a another type of game? or wath?
---------
And why not do a private server of Counter Strike xD.. or GunZ, or Knight Online private server for x10hosting users :D... hehe

MMO is short for MMORPG.

And we have a Counter-Strike: Source server (two even!).

Slothie

Reaction score
Is there even a Server for Cabal? I know one for RF though

Status
Not open for further replies.