x10 MMO Server?

Which x10 MMO would you play on(Multiple Choices Acceptable)?

• World Of Warcraft

Votes: 99 65.6%
  • Ragnarok

Votes: 46 30.5%
  • Ultima Online

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Rose Online

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Lineage2

Votes: 34 22.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alfren

Reaction score
i think lineage2 will be great since its a very good and very well known game.

Psoewish

Reaction score
Well I'm not gonna play on that one =)
simply because I don't feel like levelling all over AGAIN lol

I wish you had Rose or Ultima =(
Ah well, I'll just hope I see some people in the CSS server someday then (it's always empty <.<)

rozandas

Reaction score
Cabal Online Look like a sweet game, but unfortunately there aren't any released candidate server files out there for it yet, but i hear there are developments for the Cabal Emulation project in progress.

As for the RF Online, CodeMasters Sent my friend a little Notice about his private server demanding it to be taken down but they now have been more lenient, but I still would'nt risk RF online though.

For the Safety and Everlasting of X10Hosting!

-Rozandas Out!

porky101

Reaction score
I love WoW so i would pick that also its more popular out of all of them so i think more ppl would go on that

Chris73

Reaction score
Well I'm not gonna play on that one =)
simply because I don't feel like levelling all over AGAIN lol

I wish you had Rose or Ultima =(
Ah well, I'll just hope I see some people in the CSS server someday then (it's always empty <.<)

Just for your information as well as everyone elses the rates have been set to 3x. Gains are faster ;)

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
Just for your information as well as everyone elses the rates have been set to 3x. Gains are faster ;)
omg... with rate 3x i can... still fell the boringness...
i hate low rate servers :shifty:

a good one has to be at least mid rate -> 100x

Avalanche

Reaction score
There is a fundamental difference between high rate and low rate servers, and also their expected TTL.

Low rates grow slowly, but dont fluctuate a lot. Serious players and clans join these servers, where teamplay and clan play is required.

High rates grow very fast when first fired up, but mostly serve as a little fun inbetween, and die off quickly. Mostly used to get the fix while the real server is down.

So I guess there is the choice...

chanakber

Reaction score
You should make a MU server, since a lot of ppl play it.

The client is only like 200mb and the server files are only like 10mb. its easy to host and doesn't eat up alot of bandwith.

I used to run mine before i stopped because i only had it up during summer. so if you decide to make a mu server pm me, i can help u with it

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
There is a fundamental difference between high rate and low rate servers, and also their expected TTL.

Low rates grow slowly, but dont fluctuate a lot. Serious players and clans join these servers, where teamplay and clan play is required.

High rates grow very fast when first fired up, but mostly serve as a little fun inbetween, and die off quickly. Mostly used to get the fix while the real server is down.

So I guess there is the choice...

thats why i suggested MID rate. Not so boring as low, not so fast as high

ethraax

Reaction score
Might as well go with Blizzlike in WoW, since they're doing the changes to levels below 60. To be honest everything above 60 goes by fast anyway, and is much more fun than the stuff below 60.

Avalanche

Reaction score
DDL, I think we are not using the same terminology

In my book, it is like this, and it is the system found to be correct on most serious servers. Especially after a longer run.

Low rate: ~3-5x, 7x is probably already too high, may be concidered mid.
High rate: 35-50x
100x+ is a pure pvp/joke around server, already 35x doesn't provide that much of a challenge.

Now, you seem to be the type of player who likes the pvp/extreme rate servers, and there is nothing wrong with it. Just from what I can tell, that is not the majority of players, after a while they require lower rates.

Note: I am mostly referring to L2, in RO the RPG element has been somewhat lost on 'shards, 1000x is not uncommon there. That game is such a grind.

Last edited:

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
DDL, I think we are not using the same terminology

In my book, it is like this, and it is the system found to be correct on most serious servers. Especially after a longer run.

Low rate: ~3-5x, 7x is probably already too high, may be concidered mid.
High rate: 35-50x
100x+ is a pure pvp/joke around server, already 35x doesn't provide that much of a challenge.

Now, you seem to be the type of player who likes the pvp/extreme rate servers, and there is nothing wrong with it. Just from what I can tell, that is not the majority of players, after a while they require lower rates.

Note: I am mostly referring to L2, in RO the RPG element has been somewhat lost on 'shards, 1000x is not uncommon there. That game is such a grind.

oh lol
i was refering to RO

but anyways, i dont like low rates for one good reason:

different from all those nerds that stay all day playing, i just play a lil (about 1hour) in normal days and then, play at weekends.. so i always am weak since ppl play all day and i cant. so i like mid rates like 100~500x since this way, even with the nerds, a month or 2 months later, at least in level i can be equal. (but still have no items lol xD)

Avalanche

Reaction score
oh lol
i was refering to RO

but anyways, i dont like low rates for one good reason:

different from all those nerds that stay all day playing, i just play a lil (about 1hour) in normal days and then, play at weekends.. so i always am weak since ppl play all day and i cant. so i like mid rates like 100~500x since this way, even with the nerds, a month or 2 months later, at least in level i can be equal. (but still have no items lol xD)

The grind and the whole "i play longer, i am stronger than you" thing is the reason why I totally stopped playing MMO's :)

I prefer games where you win by using your skill, and not the ammount of time and blood invested. You know, I can get online for an hour once a week and still rock the house in CS:S :)

- Avalanche

Last edited:

ryoko126

Reaction score
I'd love an MMO server for x10, but I've never played any of them before. But if I had to say... Something with a decent story line.

Hadouken

Reaction score
It would be better if you created your own MMO :)

There are plenty of good engines out there, Mainly for 2D MMOs, But there are a few I know of that are for 3D.

Mirage Source (VB6) - www.key2heaven.net/ms/forums
Most likely one of the best 2D ones out there, its only got basic features, But its practically bug free, and is open source. So you have alot of coding opportunities

vbGore (VB6) - www.vbgore.com
Very powerful, bug free engine. Kind of complicated to use, and requires a MySQL database. I've only used it a few times but was impressed with what I used.

Elysium Source (VB6) - www.elysiumsource.net/community
Many versions of this engine. It is basically Mirage Source but with many many more features. Though it is more buggy. If you were to use this I would reccomend using either Debugged or v3.0 - v2 is realllyyy buggy.

Crystal Space 3D (C++) - http://www.crystalspace3d.org/main/Main_Page
Crystal Space is a pretty cool engine. Used to make the game Planescape.
Its 3D of course, and is fairly easy to use. There are also many tools developed to aid you in the design of the game.

Playerworlds (VBscript) - www.playerworlds.com
Its another Mirage Source based engine, But this one is closed source. The person who is the lead programmer of it is doing a really good job of the new version, and when it comes out it will be great (I reccomend this one.)
It has a powerful scripting engine which is all you need to add features into your game.

They are all the engines I know for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.