x10 Rule Change (No more chances)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We've decided that we're not going to allow any more chances. By breaking our rules you not only waste our time, you waste other members time, and also the spot of a rule abiding member.

x10 provides superior hosting solutions with many freedoms that most free hosts don't provide. We've been around longer then a lot of hosts, we're more stable, and we have a great community. For all that we offer you, we do not ask much in return.

Starting today you will be automatically terminated for the following offenses:

1.) No Ads, total disregard for placing ads. (See bottom for longer explanation)
2.) Not in a supported language.
3.) Finding of copyrighted files, e.g. Mp3s, Games, Warez, XXX Material.
4.) Running a proxy or file hosting service.
5.) Spamming.

As much as I want to give out warnings and give second chances, I feel that we've been taken advantage of quite a bit and I've had enough. If you are caught for any of the above offences you will be terminated on the spot, no backup, no excuses, gone.

Regarding ads, I do realize some people work on their websites quite often and may forget ads on one or two pages. You may be suspended but we won't terminate you for this. I do suggest that if you are working on a new site, put the ads on before you upload it to test, or test it locally. If we see too many pages without ads you will be terminated.

Thanks for your understanding,
-Corey

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Does #5 mean spamming on these forums gets your account terminated or just your forum account on x10hosting forums. Just thought I would ask seeing as I have already been asked about it.

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Geoff said:
Does #5 mean spamming on these forums gets your account terminated or just your forum account on x10hosting forums. Just thought I would ask seeing as I have already been asked about it.
I think he ment spamming.. I.e spamming the server by sending out mass e-mails at a time correct?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
That would probably be it, makes more sense than what I said, lol.

Phil said:
I think he ment spamming.. I.e spamming the server by sending out mass e-mails at a time correct?

TarinC

Reaction score
what if i use it for a site and some of the space for file hosting?

jensen

Reaction score
We are encouraged to use the file hosting service by x10 instead of putting the files in our hosting space so that the webhosting servers are not overburdened. But I don't think we would be suspended for doing so. Am sure we would like to help x10 where we can and contribute to the improvement of x10.

The rules are for the betterment of everyone.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
TarinC said:
what if i use it for a site and some of the space for file hosting?
You can host files as soon as they're yours (legal).

Jacob

Reaction score
Yeah, you can use them for documents transfered (i.e. to and from school) like Word, Powerpoint, etc., but not copyrighted material (i.e. music that you didn't originally create). It's most all in the terms of service.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Oh well, im safe from the Ad Detector for a while now that I fully have the ads working properly in PHP-Fusion.

Im glad to say that to date, I am not in violation of any other the above :)

Do we still have that cPanel inactivity thingy or was that overalled after the big clean up?

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
TheJeffsta said:
Oh well, im safe from the Ad Detector for a while now that I fully have the ads working properly in PHP-Fusion.

Im glad to say that to date, I am not in violation of any other the above :)

Do we still have that cPanel inactivity thingy or was that overalled after the big clean up?
Yes you still need to login to cpanel.

N

Nathan

How often do we need to log into CPanel? I don't need to log in based on the way I have my site set up.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Dewayne said:
How often do we need to log into CPanel? I don't need to log in based on the way I have my site set up.
once every 2 weeks I believe.

I'll double check with Bryon or Corey.

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
Last I heard from Bryon it was at least once in every two weeks (there was a topic in the Free Hosting support forum regarding this).

jensen

Reaction score
Corey didn't say that was changed. Anyway, logging in at least once in 2 weeks reminds me to update my site. So I'm fine with that.

Sheepoholics

Reaction score
For rule Number 4 I'm just wondering what if I have a file hosting service that I'm allowing others to use but in a very controllled way. EG: a group project this is alright correct?
I monitor it very closly and don't allow people I don't know to use it.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
he means dont make anything like filevip (maybe at a smaller scale too) but if its like a prioject and people are uploading to your site (through ftp or a web-based application) then there really isnt a problem. its more for 'file-hosting' type sites.

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
Couple questions

1. Does that include accounts with out index pages?
2. Do we also suspend accounts that have no site uploaded in 7 days

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If there is no site\ads after 7 days terminate it. If there is no index but a site in a sub directory suspend it.

-Corey

cetutnx1

Reaction score
A few week ago i ask a few things:

1. How many mail addresses can be on the BCC field.
2. How can i make that my newsletter script with aprox. 1500 users can send a mail to all of the users without making the server go crazy.
3. The mail restrictions, how many mails per minute, etc...

So far i haven't recibe any answer on the 1 and 3, so if i can recibe an answer sooner as possible

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this post is "harmful" for anyone

PS: sorry if my english sucks i'm trying to improve.