x10 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Just posting some quick updates, some were listed in the last newsletter so forgive the duplicate information.

1.) Regular users will no longer be able to reply to other's support threads. There is WAY too much confusion being spread by members who reply to support threads with WRONG information.

2.) We are hiring new staff. If you'd like to apply fill out an application here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/modapp.php

3.) I have added a new ad-free server. It should be online later tonight. This will help increase the stability of the current ad-free servers.

4.) Buy some paid hosting ;) http://x10hosting.com/services

-Corey

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
yay!, x10 is being updated! I am looking forward to seeing the server being stable once again.
keep up the good work Corey..don't over stress yourself....cause if you did we wouldn't have this great hosting!

btw..I will buy some paid hosting..after I dig up some money from my summer job!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Good news on the new ad-free server! Unless my site does get extremely active, I probably won't get the paid hosting. Sorry Corey :(

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, didn't realize the stats weren't around. If you have a specific package in mind I'll post them here. I'll have to have those pages updated.

-Corey

mvd7793

Reaction score
Will paid services eventually be offered as forum packages (for credits)?

Sohail

Reaction score
Nice! Yeah i wanted to know that too, is it even possible to purchase paid hosting with credits or is it cash only?

Good to see that the site is being updated and that there's a few promos already going on...

Is there ever going to be anything on the offers page or is it just useless; maybe you should get rid of the offers center and replace it with the enterContest URL, what do you think. It would be a good improvement to x10 if you ask me as i always have to type in the URL as i can't find a link to it in the navigation.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think we have any plans soon to offer paid packages as credits.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
I'll have to have those pages updated.

-Corey

i could do something like that for free or someting worth more >.>

anyways, i think you sould put them all in one page, all side by side, like on other hosting places, ie:

(didn't know all the stuff, but anyways)
Code:
Hosting Plans   |Add-Free  |Add-Supported     |Static  |Advanced  |Corporate
Web Space       |300 MB    |100 MB - 2.5 GBs  |3 GB    |5 GB      |10 GB
Banthwich       |10 GB     |3 GB - 45 GB      |100 GB  |250 GB    |650 GB
cPannel Verson  |11+       |10+               |
FTP Accounts    |          |                  |
Sub Domains     |          |3                 |
Advertisements  |X         | (checkamrk)      | 
ETC
Weekley Backup  |X         |X                 |(checkamrk) (checkamrk) (checkamrk)
Priority Support|X         |X                 |(checkamrk) (checkamrk) (checkamrk)
Cost (Monthly)  |$0.00     |$0.00             |$5.95   |7.95      |12.95
Cost (Annually) |$0.00     |$0.00             |$59.50  |79.50     |129.50

[edit]
i was looking at the source for http://x10hosting.com/services
to see if i could fix the opera bug(that i reported long ago), since its css property is white, so you can't see the text.
i think that the structure of the document is wack(not to say that my website was like that). You have the static plan one that uses 1 div formating, but the other 2 use a seprate one, and its just wack.

anyways, i wonder if i sould post any of this in the sugestions area.

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Oh so that's why I only see white!! (I use opera)
I thought the page was just not finnished or something

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Just an input on the paid hosting using credits, I dont see it happening, especially after this past week where we've been busting people who are 'stealing' credits by creating up to 60 accounts, and donating the credits to one account, that's kind of set us back on any ideas like this. It'll happen more. But, as it does, just know-- We will find out, ban the accounts, and i've even called ISPs over the issue to allow them to deal with their users on that level.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
well i still would rather see a way to let users purchase paid hosting. especially if a user is short on cash. i see what u mean rpope about other users taking advantage and jus making it really unnecessary. but you must realize that those so called *helpers* will jus do whatever they can to cheat.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
of course having users pay with credits rather than cash, can bring x10 down; since less money is being made from the buying of paid hosting..
but it will be nice to see, it it gets working

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
well yes since there is also the paid hosting but u must realize that who will be willing to send paypal money ? most users will be afraid that they will not get what they paid for. especially with this weeks disaster from global crossing then stoli jus stops working then starts working. unless they are 100% sure the servers will be running ok. id say put paid hosting on credits. if they do not see any performance change they can request a full refund for there credits or they can get something for at least trying the paid hosting.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
my sig also includes the paid servers, for you not to know this then they cant of gone down very often. also the forums are on said server.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
So what is the new server's name?
can you name it after me lol

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
it sould be named crossing >.>

Status